#1 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 03:43 PM

One of my older customers had a CC 169 with manual lift and ask me to find a hydraulic lift for him.  I found a nice and clean 149 with a 10 hp Kohler in it.  He asked me to put the 16 hp Kohler from the 169 into the 149.  I explained to him that the 169 is a fairly rare tractor and he would be better off switching the hydraulic lift instead.  To make a long story shorter I now have a 169 with no engine that I do not have the time, nor the desire, to "play" with it.

The 169 has some faults starting with the manual lift handle apparently stopped lift the deck and someone drilled a hole and put a bolt in to raise the deck.  I pulled the auto check valves from the 169 hydro to replace the manual ones in the 149.  Also used the 169 seat for the 149.

Not looking to get rich off the deal so make me an offer.

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,175 Thanks
  • 2,254 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 07:32 PM

Awe that sucks.Fixing the 169 would of been easy to.

My neighbor has a 169 that I save for him.He was about to pull the engine because of a non working Hydro lift.I found that the stupid chain link clip came off and the linkage basically just fell off.I fixed it for him and he's loved it ever since.

He just had me freshen up the engine a bit this spring with new gaskets rings and a carb kit.She's 1 heck of a good running Cub.The Ported Pumps really work good vs a non ported pump.Non ported pumps seem to rob alot more power from the engine.

Cant beat the power and torque of a fresh K341.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, 169