Jump to content

Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay



Photo
- - - - -

316 Resoration


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 danvan54 OFFLINE  

danvan54

    New Member

  • Member
  • Member No: 4271
  • 20 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi all- this 316 was in running shape when I got it, but compression was very low in both cylinders.  The entire project took almost two years and it was worth it.  Total engine rebuild, and every part was taken off the frame, cleaned or sandblasted, painted and put back together.

 

Follow the link for pictures...

http://s1193.photobu...storation Large


  • Texas Deere and Horse, TomLGT195, GTpicker01 and 1 other said thanks

#2 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

    Tractorholic

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts
  • Location: Newton.Ia

Posted May 14, 2014 - 02:38 PM

Very Nice!!  My brother had one of those till it caught fire and melted , total loss!!

He replaced it with a 420



#3 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts
  • Location: Southern New Hampshire

Posted May 14, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Nice job . Hang around , nice group of guys here to chat with. Tom
Oh yah Welcome!

Edited by TomLGT195, May 14, 2014 - 04:59 PM.


#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts
  • Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Posted May 14, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Can't imagine pulling the whole tractor apart, then repairing every thing and putting it back together. I don't have that patience to do that as much as I would like to. I am have a time just getting my 16 hp K341 back together. Nice job, Noel.

#5 Hammerdown OFFLINE  

Hammerdown
  • Member
  • Member No: 46960
  • 127 Thanks
  • 74 posts
  • Location: Knoxville, Tennessee

Posted May 18, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Hello

I just finished up with a 1991 John deere 316 build. I Picked it up for $50.00 and discovered that it only had 349.2 Hours on it's hour meter. It spent most of it's Life In Stuart, Florida very close to the ocean with heavy salt air so when it's Power coat paint failed it rusted the whole tractor badly. It was a Long six week project but it came out nice and my son in law uses it weekly now to mow his lawn with. Regards, Hammerdown

 

 

 

Here is how it looked the day I brought it home

 

 

001705.JPG

004260.JPG

 

 

 

Power coat removed, Hour's & Hour's of sanding and body work preparing it for it's Paint job

 

 

001728.JPG

002641.JPG

002643.JPG

001729.JPG

 

 

 

Finished after stripping it down to the rolling Chassis re-painting the entire frame, four wheel's metal panels and mowing deck.Total cost $632.00

 

 

004525.JPG

003599.JPG

002648.JPG

001735.JPG

005466.JPG


Edited by Hammerdown, May 18, 2014 - 06:29 AM.





Top