23 replies to this topic

#16 Deerlope OFFLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 402 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 01:29 PM

I just sent you a PM about the top heat shield. The 2 1886's did not have them when I brought them home but they do now. When I repowered an 1886 with a 24 HP Honda I made a top heat shield for that type of engine.

#17 oddfirecj5 OFFLINE  

oddfirecj5
  • Member No: 11152
  • 72 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 05:42 PM

fred could you send me a picture of how you did your honda top shield? cyberaktif@un3.net   i'm getting closer with my repower and wondering on a top shield.

#18 Deerlope OFFLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 402 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yes I can and I will but it won't happen until Monday. We have to travel tomorrow for a Granddaughter's college graduation. It was really pretty simple but it took me a while to figure it all out. The heat shield/reflector that Small Engine Warehouse sent was a farce. All that did was make the heat bounce back up under the hood. I even went so far as to cover the metal with ceramic insulation.

#19 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 06:57 AM

OK, rebuilt fuel pump. new coil, plugs, started just fine. ran for a bit ...10 minutes....then started to cut out, pulled choke out, ok...so its a fuel issue. removed bowl bolt, bone dry, removed fuel line, bone dry. petcock open all the way, new line, not collapsed, no restrictions. might just go ahead and put a 12v fuel pump in. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#20 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 893 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 11:26 AM

OK, rebuilt fuel pump. new coil, plugs, started just fine. ran for a bit ...10 minutes....then started to cut out, pulled choke out, ok...so its a fuel issue. removed bowl bolt, bone dry, removed fuel line, bone dry. petcock open all the way, new line, not collapsed, no restrictions. might just go ahead and put a 12v fuel pump in. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hmm does sound like a pump issue. That is what I would try based on what you have seen. So for just for the heck of it if you disconnect the inlet of the pump do  you get a good flow of gas coming from the tank? Just wondering if the petcock or line is plugged up at all. I had a gas line plug up once and that was the problem.

#21 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Husky,

Removed fuel line from pump inlet, the line was bone dry. but after a few seconds 10-15, it did start flowing. blew thru line and petcock with air compressor. all open no debris at all. new fuel line, new fuel bowl, new petcock. tank was just flushed, no rust/debris.

#22 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 11:16 AM

Fixed. Mechanical pump bad. bypassed, installed electric, tore carb apart, cleaned, installed, started, no leaks, purrs like a kitten.

#23 oddfirecj5 OFFLINE  

oddfirecj5
  • Member No: 11152
  • 72 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 04:26 PM

nice job!!

#24 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Glad to hear it was something simple, and nothing serious!