I guess it has been a while since i last did an update on this, it's been a busy couple of months let alone the winter we've had. but moving on, close to the end of summer the engine in the 140 started making a new noise that sounded threatening. So we decided it was time to pull the engine and re work it.
So the engine came out and got torn down.
The way it looks to me the piston skirt was hitting the cylinder side wall. So after the tear down. The block and crank went to the local machine shop. The cylinder was bored .010 over and crank was done .010 under. Ordered a new gasket kit and have since reassembled 75% of the engine. Most everything was on the engine was painted with high temp gloss black paint, which had several months at this point to harden.
While the engine was away at the machine shop, The rest of the tractor got torn down. Everything will be getting a complete respray with JD primer and paint except for the engine. After trying several different brands of paint. The aftermarket greens and yellows just aren't the same as the deere stuff.
The tractor sat for a while like the picture above, During the really cold months of winter. It was just too darn cold in the garage to be working. But in the last couple weeks its been warming up so i started back into it. First i finished disassembling the tractor and have it down to a bare frame. The transmission had several small leaks. So i decided to split it open and reseal the whole unit. Whole i was in it. I found that the pin that drive my charge pump was broken, despite which the hydraulics worked fine on the tractor so the pieces must of wedged in.
I have more pictures and updates over the coming weeks as more stuff gets painted and reassembled.