3 replies to this topic

#1 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 02:45 PM

Thanks to Poncho telling me about it when I asked about trailers, I've started freecycling.

Maybe I should say I've become a freecycling addict. I watch the ads and wonder what things are or why anybody would want them or if a breast pump works like a milking machine on a cow. Breast pumps seem to be a big give-away item for some reason. Mostly I give stuff away though. More importantly my wife sees me giving things away and lives in mortal fear that I'll give her stuff away.

So far I've given away a couple boxes of books and a box of magazines. I have somebody coming tomorrow evening to pick up my broken wrenches. You know the ones...the box end you put a 4 foot bar on and cracked one end but the other end is still good.

Nobody wants my broken old couch though, which means I'll have to haul it to the dump. There's been a bedbug scare in town though, so I wouldn't want a second hand couch either, I guess.

#2 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 02:49 PM

So....how many breast pumps do you have now?.......The breasts dont come with them, do they?.....lol

Have you put in a want a free trailer yet? Thats how I got mine....had 3 different ones offered.....had my pick.

#3 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 03:49 PM

I own no breast pumps that I know of. There are boxes in the garage that we're storing for a friend's daughter though, so one never knows for sure.

No luck on the trailer yet, but I'm hopeful...somebody gave away an old Volvo the other day. If I still had my Spitfire, I would have snagged it for the SU carbs. I put an ad in for the trailer last weekend, but got no replies. They discourage want ads here, so I'm going to wait until next weekend to try again.

#4 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 07:46 PM

So we went and got a couple of chairs. Some kind of hardwood. They'll match the table Mrs. Rev bought last fall, apparently. Wait...what table? Oh, it's the table she bought while I was out of town. I remember her saying something about it, but it's upstairs where men fear to tread, so I forgot about it.

Just before we left, she said the man's internet name. Hey, it's the broken wrench guy. So I took him the wrenches at the same time. Us men had done the wrench deal and our wives had done the chair deal. Good thing we caught that...no point in him driving all the way across the city tomorrow when I have to make the trip today.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of guy takes broken wrenches. I thought maybe some non-mechanical young guy without much money.

Nope, he's an old guy in the rich part of town. His car is likely worth more than my house. He welds metal sculptures for a hobby. I tell him about my friend the welder who does the same thing. Turns out they know each other. It also turns out this rich old guy gets a keg of Tetley's imported from England for the bar in his shop.

Tetley's happens to be the best beer I've ever tasted. There's only one bar in town that has it, and they don't advertise the fact because supplies are limited enough that they preserve it for those of us in the know. I didn't have time to stay for one today, but Wednesday I'm going on a modern art appreciation safari.