• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Now that I`ve got the 1500 going pretty good , I`m looking at the next upgrade to a front end loader. Before I actually find one I can afford, I`m wondering what all will be involved in installing one.  I know there is a place to tap into the hydraulic system in the plumbing....I`m guessing for such additions ?? I know I`ll have to have a control stick or sticks and the mounting hardware for the actual loader. What else will I have to do ?? Is the standard hydraulic have enough juice to power it ??

The ford 770a or b is the standard for this model tractor and kinda scarce and seem to be really expensive. I would prefer to use all ford equipment but am open to other brands I guess.  

Update on spiffing up the 1500.....I got some pristine fenders, complete with caution lights, a proofmeter, and a nearly new seat from Western KY tractor parts for what I really felt was a fair deal. Will use them again. Still looking and bidding a little bit on some other stuff. Really need to get a little bigger truck if I`m gonna tinker with these things.

Thanks for any info

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,770 Thanks
  • 7,537 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Look at the loader frames from Surplus Center. I did a thread on them and someone else bought one. Good Luck, Rick

Here: http://gardentractor...ame#entry448063

Edited by boyscout862, May 11, 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#3 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 07:17 AM

I was watching an auction in Fla. a couple of days ago and saw 4....TL270 loaders with a bucket go for as little as 400$. These were brand new and all you need was the control valve and may be specific mounting brackets. They were for the NH boomers in the 25-40 hp tractors. I thought about buying one for trading material but wasn`t sure how much the shipping would be....but lordy what a price.

I think I learned that the 1500 needs the 770 ford fel.....the A`s and B`s are for the 10 and 20 series fords

Thanks for the link to the surplus center