#46 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 10:10 AM

No point in taking any unnecessary chances.Here's hoping everything goes smoothly for you.

#47 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 10:22 AM

here he comes so I go over the corral panel.

I can see you dressed up like a rodeo clown scampering up the corral pannel. Sorry but I am laughing at the idea.

#48 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 12:24 PM

:dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Bulls are LOADED! Cull cow too!
Actually, having the cull cow really helped, as I knew it should. Had to push them with the Massey 175 w/FEL down the alley way. The mean one turned as if to fight, but a bump with the loader convinced him not to try. This is a light single action loader that he could have lifted easily, but I didn't let him know. LOL
Talk about butt puckering till I got that gate locked on him!
Getting ready to haul them to the stockyards about 20 miles away. :D

DSC00260.jpg

The biggest one is looking at the camera, and he's not a problem, just too big & could break a cow down breeding. The one with his head down is the dangerous one. He'll soon enough be a burger patty!:yelclap:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00257.jpg

#49 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Great deal Daniel, I'm glad you had no problems loading them.

#50 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 01:40 PM

See ,it all worked out.:thumbs::dancingbanana:

#51 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 02:01 PM

Glad things went OK getting your critters loaded up.:thumbs: Way too many ways to get yourself hurt if things didn't go well.
P.

#52 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 03:52 PM

I may have posted about the little loader we use to sawdust the cow stalls. It's a front wheel drive, rear steer "Big Dipper". Well, the clutch started dragging the other day, so I parked it in the shop & finally got to it today. One of the clutch disc damper springs fell out inbetween the disc & flywheel. Got it all torn apart and have a mess. The clutch, pressure plate, and pilot bushing are all shot. The universal joints in the driveshaft shot as well. The U-bolts holding the universal joints are seized tight & I had to cut them off. Torch out of oxygen, so have to get fresh bottles to get the remnants of the bolts out of the yoke. Most everything I touched today has issues too. The air filter assembly is completely rotted away. Gonna take a while to get this thing fixed & stalls need sawdust soon! Looks like the MF1855 w?FEL will have to suffice, but will take forever with what little the bucket holds, plus most of the stall alleyways aren't wide enough to dump the sawdust into the stalls, so will dump in the alley & shovel into the stalls. Teresa has to take Mom to her Dr's appt. tomorrow & I'll be heading out for parts & torch gas.
If only I could afford a good skid steer!

#53 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 04:19 PM

So what does this "Big Dipper" look like ?

#54 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 04:25 PM

Daniel, As a small business owner, I know what you are talking about. It seems like every time you touch a piece of equiptment, it falls apart. I don't know about your deal, but thats the price we pay here for having everything paid for. Its paid for ,but now even close to being new, most of our stuff was broken and wore out when we got it. We repaired them and said a prayer ,hoping that they would last until we could replace them. Well most of those pieces are still running and being fixed as needed, long after we thought we would replace them.:wallbanging:
I hope your day gets better and be thankful you have the Massey /FEL to get the chips that close to the stalls. The way my luck goes, I would be moving chips with the wheel borrow from the pile ,a 1/4 away from the barn to the stalls.:itsok:

#55 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:24 PM

I got my shopping list ready. Had a new U-joint on the shelf already, so one less item to buy. The oxygen tank is off the cart & ready for swapping. One other thing. Been having problems with the breaker box in the shop. The terminals (busses?) that the breakers clip on for juice are in bad shape, plus breaker tabs weak from heat from the bad connections. Electric kept going off on me while working toiday & I'm not trying to limp it through another day. getting another service box tomorrow & new breakers. We needed way more breaker circuits, so I'm moving up from 8 circuits to 20. We had some breakers overloaded & just isn't safe nor smart. That will be quite a job in itself installing & wiring the whole mess.
Just checked on the new bull again, as he's not coming up to eat. He's ok, but taking a bale of hay each day to him till he starts coming to the feeders. Looks like he's still got a sore foot /leg, but he'll heal. With the snow on, I don't want to get too close to him to try to get him to the barn....might get in a bad way on the slick ground. I trust NO bull, and I don't know this one's character at all, & don't want to learn it the hard way.

#56 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:46 PM

Sounds like the "big dipper" is going to keep you busy for a while, along with plenty of other things. Glad you're doing an update on the breaker box. Like you said, not safe or smart to fool with overloaded breakers. Good luck with all that you're doing. Great news that you got the bull loaded without trouble too.

#57 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:53 PM

TD&H.....our "newest" tractor is a 1980, so even it is 31yrs old now. Most things we buy need work right out of the gate, but costs way less in the end, and that's one reason guys like us are still in business. Some days it gets mighty old beating life into old worn "stuff", but other days it's not so bad. Kinda funny though, how I'll work my tail off on an old garden tractor & love every minute of it (most of the time), then when a piece of farm equipment kicks my tail, I get grumpy! LOL
I gotta sit down at the table in a few minutes to do some tax work, then get a shower & early bedtime I hope. I hope tomorrow goes a bit smoother & easier than today, but however it goes, I gotta take it. Just hope finding clutch parts isn't too hard.
Maynard, I'll try to remember to take a pic of the rust bucket "Big Dipper" & post it.

#58 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:25 PM

OK Daniel,I'll be waiting to see the pic. Thanks. :D

#59 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:32 PM

Maynard, I did a search & found the exact same model loader pic on the internet. Here it is, but I wish ours looked half as good as this one!

Big Dipper 870-2M Mobility Loader

Big Dipper 870-2M Mobility Loader.jpg

#60 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Dan, I've just gotten caught up on this post and it seems to me that there's never a dull moment around your place! I'm glad that you're made of stout stuff and able to keep everything going! I know what you mean about the working on the Garden Tractors too LOL! I just chalk it up to WANTING to versus HAVING to LOL!