Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone hooked up a car style tach to small engine?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 08:18 PM

It was all the way at the bottom with a contact us link.

Weird...Firefox shows only a few tiny pics with little text. I went in with Explorer & all info was showing. Usually Firefox does better than Explorer...not in this case.

#17 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 08:21 PM

Weird...Firefox shows only a few tiny pics with little text. I went in with Explorer & all info was showing. Usually Firefox does better than Explorer...not in this case.

Mine is the same no link at the bottom, everything seems to be widely spaced out.

#18 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:00 AM

Dan.... what part of this message on their homepage did you not understand? :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::dancingbanana::thumbs:

This website is designed to be viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Using other browser software (such as FireFox) will cause deletion of some information

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:20 AM

The problem with their website is it is created using old school methods and more then likely Microsoft Frontpage which outputs stuff that only ie can render correctly. Although I was on their site with Opera and still seen the link for contact us so I don't know what firefox would display on there. I did hear back from them. I will post it in a new post.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:23 AM

Here is their response regarding the tach.

Hi George,

Thank you for your interest in the Analog Tachometer. I am attaching the installation instructions to this e-mail. It should answer all of your questions but if not, just e-mail and I'll respond promptly.

To order, you may send payment (money order, cashier's check, or personal check) for $85.00 ($80.00 for each instrument plus $5.00 First Class postage) to the address given below. Please make it payable to Kirk Engines, Inc. and enclose a copy of this e-mail along with your mailing address. Complete installation instructions and wiring diagram are included.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to having you as a valued customer.

Dave Kirk

Kirk Engines, Inc.
N5389 Buena Vista Drive
Fond du Lac, WI 54937-7372

And attached is the install instructions:

Attached Files

• caseguy said thank you

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:53 AM

Dan.... what part of this message on their homepage did you not understand? :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::dancingbanana::thumbs:

This website is designed to be viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Using other browser software (such as FireFox) will cause deletion of some information

Well hydriv, if that had shown, then I would have understood, but that message did NOT appear!:rolleyes:

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 09:19 AM

Daniel, I just checked their site with firefox and you are right it doesn't show the contact us link.

#23 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 04:45 PM

George, thanks again for coming to the rescue! That is some very useful information to have! Thanks for doing the legwork!

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 04:50 PM

Well if there is enough people that maybe we could arrange a group buy of some sort I can talk to the guy. Or if there is enough interest I can talk to him about a gttalk discount.

#25 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 05:52 PM

Well hydriv, if that had shown, then I would have understood, but that message did NOT appear!:rolleyes:

Then I guess I owe you an apology Dan because I didn't think that they were that dumb to not have that message show up with Foxfire. Normally, I use Foxfire but I switched to IE to go there because you guys said that there were issues with my fave browser. Not for a second did I think that Foxfire wouldn't display that message or I wouldn't have tugged on your chain. :laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::thumbs:

#26 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 05:54 PM

Well if there is enough people that maybe we could arrange a group buy of some sort I can talk to the guy. Or if there is enough interest I can talk to him about a gttalk discount.

Well, if you can get a deal, I'll buy at least one and perhaps........... perhaps two.

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:05 PM

Well if all those that are interested post in this thread what they want and how many depending on the deal I will get in touch with them and direct them to this thread to show them the interest.

#28 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:05 PM

I would be good for one and my dad would probably go for one as well.

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:15 PM

Then I guess I owe you an apology Dan because I didn't think that they were that dumb to not have that message show up with Foxfire. Normally, I use Foxfire but I switched to IE to go there because you guys said that there were issues with my fave browser. Not for a second did I think that Foxfire wouldn't display that message or I wouldn't have tugged on your chain. :laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::thumbs:

Don't worry bout it! My chain's been tugged many times. I have fairly thick skin anyway.:thumbs:

#30 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:24 PM

What kind of a deal are we talking here ?