skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 06:28 AM

If the dirt falls back in ,your not cutting wide enough, you need material to make it work. Second, on the rusty plow, it wont be rusty for long if it digs in correctly!! They just pull slightly harder at first when rusty.
You need good floating action on the hitch to let the plow find its sweet spot too.
And the most important part of all is traction!!! You must have traction or you will not be able to pull the plow at the proper depth anyways.
Make sure the plow is also very rigid, any slop side to side is just going to hinder your furrow.
If the plow is set correctly it will dig in with little to no effort and roll the soil over easily.
If your trying to plow stoney packed clay.... Your dreaming...sandy soil is also tough because of traction issues but not impossible.

#17 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • Member No: 75599
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 06:44 AM

I was struggling figuring out how to use the 10 inch Brinly. I then found the link to the Manual for it.

It was eye opening I was doing it ALL wrong. Once I set it up per the book It works Much better.

Here it the link to the manual.

http://www.brinly.co...als/PP_51BH.pdf

• DH1, MH81, skyrydr2 and 1 other said thanks

#18 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,441 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 07:59 AM

I was struggling figuring out how to use the 10 inch Brinly. I then found the link to the Manual for it.

It was eye opening I was doing it ALL wrong. Once I set it up per the book It works Much better.

Here it the link to the manual.

http://www.brinly.co...als/PP_51BH.pdf

I generally try alternative methods relentlessly until I finally resort to the instruction manual.

• MH81 said thank you

#19 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,116 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 10:34 AM

Having a depth wheel is handy too.

Noel