• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Hammer OFFLINE  

Hammer

• Member No: 7332
  • 113 Thanks
  • 116 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 05:24 PM

Got this unit this past summer, great welder for smaller stuff and around the house. Running gas and it does a good job.

41UVOl1zWUL.jpg

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 06:24 AM

Posted Image
This is my stick/tig machine , and me little gassless MIG that I have in the shed
Posted Image
I've done some serious stuff with that little booger ! And I mean serious .took a while but it looked great and has held up.
Ad long as you keep heat in your parts you can weld some serious thick stuff. :thumbs:
Posted Image
In this shot of a vertical weld with 7018 ,if you look to the right in the backgroud you will see a Miller 250X MIG, that machine had pumped well over 2000 lbs of wire with out EVER an issue ! Absolutely awsome! It welds .045 Fabcor 86 R unreal out of 400 lb drums too! First and only upgrade was a 400 amp Bernard gun because I run it day in and day out at 26 volts and 300 inches of feed ,and at that rate the original gun couldn't take it. :thumbs:

Edited by caseguy, November 24, 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Here is my old beast, works OK for me because I dont know anything better
Posted Image

#19 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 07:39 PM

skyryder , i had a syncrowave welder a few years back and it was one of the best i have ever welded with and that says alot because i weld every day .last summer i talked with are welding supple salesman and he told me that hodart had a really good welder thats great for small shops and most people like them . so i got one and he was right it is a smooth welding machine . we use miller at work for the biggest part but all of our tig machines are miller .

Attached Thumbnails

• stickmatelx235ac160dc.jpg

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Gary400 I believe that Hobart is owned by Miller. I'm fairly sure that the Hobart machines are just slightly scaled back versions of their Miller cousins. I know that when you buy parts such as Torch tips, nozzles, and torch leads for the Hobarts they are standard Miller parts. I've never been inside one to see what the feed mechanism is like though. We use Miller at work and I would have loved to get one for home, but I got a phenomenal deal on my Lincoln that beat even the deal that I could've gotten on a Hobart. In the end I am very satisfied with the purchase!

#21 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 05:19 AM

I like Lincoln too, and also have one of those tume stone 225's , my generator will run it the best when something breaks in the field.
I picked up the syncrowave with 3 different water cooled torches, a ton of rod and consumables for $800 .
What I really want tho is a diesel Big Blue 350 pipe pro with an inverter Tig like the Division 180, I don't really need more than that for aluminum . If I need to weld thicker aluminum I'd MIG it. But we can all dream ,as that is free LOL.

#22 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,620 Thanks
  • 3,857 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 09:47 AM

This my Stick welder. It's a Forney as you can see, and I'm sure it has a model number, but it's old enough that I'd probably not find OE parts anyhow. It has a stick range up to 3/16" and a current range up to 180 Amps. It has solid copper windings in a multi-tap configuration. It also has a multi-tapped ground for a high and low setting for each of the tap ranges. It's a bit of a pain if you have to switch settings, but it was free except for the capacitor that I had to buy to get it working. I also hag to get the leads and plug ends. It's a faithful and sturdy unit and runs very smoothly for an AC machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25240[/ATTACH]

My Dad bought one of those on the farm when I was about 3 years old - 64 yrs old now.

#23 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 01:08 PM

This is my newest welder. It's a Lincoln 180C. I picked it up almost 2 years ago and I use it quite a bit. According to the manual it welds up to 1/2" but I've discovered that I'd rather do that in multiple passes for better penetration. I bought it mainly for the lighter stuff anyhow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25239[/ATTACH]

That's the same welder I have. Picked it up couple years ago. Works great for repairs for and my various projects. Stick would be nice as well but I haven't found one yet.

#24 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,570 Thanks
  • 3,895 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 08:05 PM

This is my wire welder. I run it with flux core wire because the cart and bottle made it too cumbersome to pack around. The whole reason I wanted a small 110 volt setup was for portability. I bought this used at an auction in Creston, Iowa when the Yamaha dealer retired and sold out. The co-bidder was his mechanic that was going down the street to a smaller building to start his own repair shop and he wanted this welder for himself. That pertty much told me it was a good setup. About ten years ago the switch went bad on it and after trying a couple of new switches that wouldn't carry the load I just wired it to where if it is plugged in it is on. The gun seems very cheap but it works decent. It had a plastic handle on top that broke so I installed a metal one. It is actually a very heavy unit. It will hold a ten pound spool of wire but I buy it in the two pound rolls so it won't rust before I get it used up.
I use an old Forney arc welder for the big jobs. It is identical to caseguys in post # 15.

Mac.jpg