Noob Touchup Question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 cmn135 ONLINE  

• Member No: 56682
  • 34 Thanks
  • 54 posts

Posted May 08, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yeah that I get. I've never understood someone selling something really dirty. It's just giving away free money.

#17 sodisr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9153
  • 648 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wild bill,,,???   doe's the rustolium rust stuff work with Krylon or DuPont paints ???

Some rustolium products don't play well with other paints...... Plus it can take longer to dry.....I'm not a big fan of Rustileum on equipment or cars..

• Gabriel said thank you

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,653 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 01:24 PM

I can't honestly say, I know I have used it with ACE paint (they have the JD colours) and spay paints from Wal-mart and home depot , Yazoo, but I don't know who made them and of course other Rustolium paints,.  I have heard that before with Rustolium products. 

I don't get into the heavy restoration like some of the guy's.  What I do is if I get a piece of equipment in that has a bad rust spot like the deck or battery tray I'll clean, treat it with Rust reformer, primer (some times) and then paint if I can match the color.  No one has complained yet. 

Maybe get a piece of metal and put some Rust reformer on it and then paint it and see what happens. 

• Gabriel said thank you