19 replies to this topic

#16 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 12:55 PM

Gotta disagree with you on the Bronco being Waterloo's only rider.  They also made one called the Eagle (Guelp U call numbers XA1 RHC A0355008 & XA1 RHC A0355029).

Thanks for pointing that out, Mark.  You are right.  The Eagle was a full size tractor, wasn't it?

#17 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, Mark.  You are right.  The Eagle was a full size tractor, wasn't it?

Good question.  No idea.  May have more info on Friday.

#18 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted May 08, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Does it have hydraulics ? Mine had a little pump unit driven off a short belt ahead of the engine. They are geared low used to win the slow races with mine years back the Wisconsin would ilde right down and never stall out small enough for a pick up yet you could do real work with it. A IHC Cub plow will fit right on. I remember they were a bit tippy due to the high clearance and there was two different transmissions used some were like the General tractor and some with a separate transmission. Cheers Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• Waterloo Bronco 1993.jpg
  • Ux Show 2.jpg
  • Bronco.jpg

#19 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Looks like I was wrong.  The Eagle was 6800 lbs beast.  Riding on 52" rear & 34" front steel wheels and powered by two 8" pistons on an 10" stroke turning 450 rpm, it would do 3 mph in high and 2 mph in low.  It was rated at 20 draw hp & 40 brake hp.

Eagle cropped.jpg

#20 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Does it have hydraulics ? Mine had a little pump unit driven off a short belt ahead of the engine. They are geared low used to win the slow races with mine years back the Wisconsin would ilde right down and never stall out small enough for a pick up yet you could do real work with it. A IHC Cub plow will fit right on. I remember they were a bit tippy due to the high clearance and there was two different transmissions used some were like the General tractor and some with a separate transmission. Cheers Mike

No hydraulics. I am looking forward to getting at this one and getting it running.  It shouldn't take much.  It'll likely be awhile before I paint it.