Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Mad Dash Road Trip For A Massey Mf7E And Ge Elec Trak.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 12:45 AM

Will, If you know anyone in the marine business..........You might give this product a test.  http://www.owatrol.c...-rustol-owatrol

Below is an excerpt from a post over on Smokstak that describes the use.

<Dear Rick Owatrol is a coating that can be used directly over rusty metal to give it protection from future rust. It is made by a company in Europe and is a marine product. You do have to buff and needlle scale the rusty pieces but once coated it leaves a nice semi gloss coating. I do not know how the color changes with age but will find out in a year or so. It says on the can it can be mixed with most colors but haven't tried to do that because I want the rusty patina on the Cat>

:ditto:

I frequent a UK forum,  and a lot of them prefer to keep the patina of the original tractors and that is the product that they all use.

• IamSherwood and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#32 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 04:30 AM

nice pick up's. i'm envious 

• IamSherwood said thank you

#33 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 07:54 AM

Will, nice haul on both tractors. Another option for covering up the rust is http://www.kbs-coati...ust-paints.html. They do have a rust seal that is construction yellow. I did look and they have a distributor in Brampton ON, Pomar Hardware and Supply.I am using the red to cover both sides of a mower deck for the MF12 I am redoing.   Ted