• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 04:09 PM

coil replaced gas line rerouted and still vapor locks after 10 - 15 min of operating at full throttle . i am going to run steel line around the cool side of the engine and try to shield it from radiant heat may even try putting a fan on it to keep heat buildup to a minimum and draw more air through the hood and see if that helps. might try a shield between the block and carb to, better more shields than no shields ,oh sorry i got that backwards :smilewink:  :wallbanging:

#32 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 03:22 PM

the vapor lock problem is solved , there was a mud dauber nest in the bowl vent and being a big guy  i couldn't bend over that far so the carb shield was blocking the view of the vent , i cleaned the crap out out the hole and mowed without interuption for a hour plus now i just need to tighten up the throttle control so i can keep it at full throttle and not back off . the EK is one of the best mowers i have ever used it mows with professional results in all conditions and i can't say enough about the unit . i can say that i see why bolens isn't around anymore because in this day and age you can't sell a mower designed to last 40/50years and sell enough to stay in business . so i hope to be using the EK for many years to come as i may never find as good a machine again. :rolling:  :wave:  :worshippy1: EK forever

• Bolens 1000 said thank you