• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 PaulL OFFLINE  

PaulL
  • Member No: 49081
  • 111 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 01:15 AM

There should be two dipsticks.  The one for the engine is on the right in front of the starter.  The one for the transmission is on the left about under the middle of the gas tank.  You can find downloadable manuals at www.gravelytractorclub.org under the Resources tab.  The Gravely manual will give the correct lube for the transmission.  You may need to look up a Kohler manual for the engine lube.  The GTCOA website also has an operators manual for the Rotary Cultivator (New Style).  It addresses lube for the gearbox but not for the chain.

Paul L

• HowardsMF155 and Lance Skene have said thanks

#32 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:43 AM

thx Paul, I have the gravely manuals(pdf) now but havent had time to look at them, and a paper copy of the kohler k series service manual, I wouldnt break ground with any tiller, I have ploughs and shovel cultivator I would use to break ground. Im old.. I do things old school...lol 

The two differant hi/lo systems makes more sense now, but it had me confused for a bit, the wife already had half the garden in so I didnt get to play much yet, and I have time now to figure out whats what before fall... with a little help from you guys;)

#33 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 04:17 AM

Thx for the help guys... Ive traded the Gravely, and a Ford 120 for an IH Cub Loboy, I just didnt have a use for either but I can make use of the Cub, I had fun getting the c10a going tho, and learning about them a little, and would buy another if it came my way. Not sure if the new owner is on GTT but I know he is on MTF so you might still see it popup now and then;)