• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 04:28 AM

Come across a Gravely walk behind the other day, mower, tiller, homebuilt addon seat, its pretty rough and I know the guy a bit so I could pick it up pretty cheap but Im not looking for another project, if I do pick it up I'd probably keep the kohler and part out anything I can get rid of quick for cheap... anyone need anything off it??

gravely1.jpg gravely2.jpg gravely3.jpg gravely4.jpg

• Alc, sacsr and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:08 AM

You might try a quick fix up and resell. Those are an easy sale around here.

#3 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 12:59 PM

No I cant get into another project anytime soon, but this guy has to clear out by end of may and I wont let the Kohler go to scrap because Ive been collecting old Ford GTs lately. I told him I'd give him $100 if he cant sell it before the scrap truck shows up and he agreed to that... IF.. somebody else doesnt offer more before then, I'll see him again after the may long weekend so I figured I'd see if anyone else might want some parts, 

#4 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 01:17 PM

I wish I had the room for it.

#5 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Well its in Red Deer so if you wanted to go make an offer it wouldnt bother me none, Im just trying to help a buddy clear out his stuff, met him thru a Ford Bronco forum a couple years ago. If I bring it here I'll probably stick in a corner of an old grainary and cover it with plastic.

and since your in edmonton... what do you know about off road truck racing at TOR Park?? The guy with the gravely has a race truck, next race is may 17/18 and we might be coming up to it.

#6 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Well its in Red Deer so if you wanted to go make an offer it wouldnt bother me none, Im just trying to help a buddy clear out his stuff, met him thru a Ford Bronco forum a couple years ago. If I bring it here I'll probably stick in a corner of an old grainary and cover it with plastic.

and since your in edmonton... what do you know about off road truck racing at TOR Park?? The guy with the gravely has a race truck, next race is may 17/18 and we might be coming up to it.

I haven't been able to find anything on the Race at TORE. Their website has nothing on it. Any info you have would be great as I'd love to see it.

#7 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 04:25 PM

I did find it. Its listed here  http://www.worr.ca/. I'm hoping I can get out of work that Saturday to go check it out.

#8 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 04:05 AM

Cool, I'll let ya know if we come up, maybe they have a beer garden we can meet at;)

#9 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 09:23 AM

Just a tip, the "pre Pro series" Gravely Kohler engines used a stepped end crankshaft.  Most folks Ive spoken to up in the "great white north" say those 2 wheelers are pretty spendy up there?

#10 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Cool, I'll let ya know if we come up, maybe they have a beer garden we can meet at;)

I'd Be up for that.

The wife sez she wants to go, and a couple of truck nuts from work are planning the trip too.

#11 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 02, 2014 - 02:24 PM

I think it would be 'Spendy' to fix it... with any of these old timers if you have one you need three more for parts... and Im already collecting ford tractors I dont need another addiction.;)

I hope he finds a buyer but if not I wont let it go to scrap.

#12 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 10:04 PM

I brought this gravely home today, $100, dont know what Im gonna do with it but if somebody needs any parts I would probably be willing to part it out.

#13 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Havent tried to start it yet or even check for spark but it turns, has compression, looks to me like the tiller is complete, possibly functional, mower is seized, soaking in diesel for now, no air filter or cover for one, wiring is a bit of a mess, I'll try get it started,take some more pics, maybe you guys can point out anything might be missing

#14 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:58 PM

So it does run with a squirt bottle in hand, its not getting fuel and I havent looked into that yet, it moves forward and reverse, the pto engages. I had to find a spare set of points and a plug wire, think I have an air cleaner cover here. The tiller seems like it will work as is, might need bearings, the deck definately does need bearings because these ones are froze, starting to loosen up after a few days soaking in diesel tho. Cant really say how well it runs just yet but it doesnt make any ugly noises. I guess it was worth $100 ;)

#15 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:02 PM

At $100, there's room for some wrenching. Still waiting for a deal like that to land here. Best of luck with it.