#16 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, I love every minute with her. even grandpa (  seen in photo looking disapprovingly at my new toy )  Seems to like this one.

• trowel said thank you

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 04:15 AM

It happens very quickly, blink of an eye and she's a young adult flying away from home. Missy is now 15, last of the four girls, has a new boyfriend :wallbanging: time to meet and greet him :tapping_fingers:

Yeah, I love every minute with her. even grandpa (  seen in photo looking disapprovingly at my new toy )  Seems to like this one.

My 1200 series Clinton (runs great) came from a WH that was repainted hunter green with all the right decals in the right places, older restro, very nice job, was used at a cemetery for many, many years as a mower, the owner must not of liked red, did so good a job we double checked to make sure WH did not paint any of the tractors green.

I hated to separate the original engine from the WH seeing as so few with the Clinton engine were made but it was going to be chucked in favor of a Kohler K-90 so i rescued it to my collection of engines.

Edited by trowel, April 30, 2014 - 04:20 AM.

• MH81 and petrj6 have said thanks

#18 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 07:58 PM

does anyone know if the tool tray is the same on a suburban as it is on the ride away jr?  I have the dimensions for a suburban too tray but would hate to spend the time building it to have it be wrong for the ride away??  I have fender's but cannot put them on without the tool tray.  Any help??

#19 Racinbob OFFLINE  

Racinbob
  • Member No: 55951
  • 69 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 06:28 AM

does anyone know if the tool tray is the same on a suburban as it is on the ride away jr?  I have the dimensions for a suburban too tray but would hate to spend the time building it to have it be wrong for the ride away??  I have fender's but cannot put them on without the tool tray.  Any help??

Yes, it will be fine on your RJ. The lift detent arc is from a Suburban. I can't tell if that's a 1961 frame or if the arc was added to an RJ frame. In my opinion it doesn't take away from a great little tractor. Those shields are hard to find too.

• petrj6 said thank you

#20 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 08:22 PM

The frame is really just two pieces of angle iron.  I am going to try and make the box later this week, thank's for the input.

Pete

• trowel said thank you

#21 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 05:16 AM

im a bolens man all the way but i love my RJ58... nice lookin tractor

#22 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 04:57 PM

I have the correct motor on the way, hope to have it going soon. 

Pete

• MH81 and trowel have said thanks

#23 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 08:05 PM

I have the correct motor on the way, hope to have it going soon. 

Pete

Hate waiting while it sits, i can't wait to see it with the proper engine :thumbs:

#24 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 04:53 AM

Got my new motor in the other day, had it running good and got it on the tractor, had pics but my memory card quit so I lost them.  Does anyone on here have a wheel horse like this??????  I need a little advise on the throttle cable hook up, I cannot see a good way to do this.  I have the cable hooked rite to the carb now but that bypasses the governor!!  I am going to pick up the carb kit and new throttle cable tonite and should have it running.

Pete

• MH81 said thank you

#25 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'll have a look on my WH Clinton B112 tonight and look up which type yours took, have to run to work right now.

• MH81 said thank you

#26 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:17 PM

GRRRRRRRRR  this &^$%&^%^(&*&%&$^$%#$#$%*&)(*&*  Kohler engine is driving me nuts,  I had it running great before it went on the machine now I cant get it to run, rebuilt the carb cleaned the tank, then I took it out and hooked it up the old tank still nothing.  I think it may be the plug now, Has spark, gets fuel, everything I need but still wont run :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:  Getting an new plug tomorrow and hope for the best. 

Pete

• trowel said thank you

#27 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Check the valves, the intake might be worn and not seating tightly.

• petrj6 said thank you

#28 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:31 PM

It has good comp and I had it running good before I put it on the tractor, When I put it on the tractor I never cleaned the bowl, I think It got crud from the tank in the cylinder and fouled the plug.  I would guess the same if it did not have good comp.  Thanks trowel, how are things?

• trowel said thank you

#29 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Things are good, busy, little wet out there, mowing in the rain suxs, 11 1/2 hours today, at least the rain stopped this time.

Glad to see you have time and moving with the WH, sweet tractor, currently hunting down the throttle control for you.

With a Carter N carb it is usually something simple, good carb, check the air vent passage and pull the main throttle speed screw, sometimes crap like you said was in the bowl cakes itself inside.

#30 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:56 PM

I really think it is the plug, I am getting fuel and spark.  when I put the plug in it will cough but not run, take the plug out it is all wet, clean and re-install the same will happen, cough but not run.  I have had this happen before, the plug gets enough crap on it and will not fire under comp.  getting a plug tomorrow if that does not work I will pull the head and check the valves. 

The worst part is I really want this thing to run for the weekend, I want to take it to the GAS-UP,  oh well

Pete