ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,081 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:36 PM

Good looking machine. Congrats.

I've never seen one in person. So, it has a 12hp Kohler? And it's a gear drive

tranny, with a drive shaft from the Kohler?

Deck lift lever on right side? Is it the same physical size as a 1450?

It has the k301 12 h.p. kohler.Yes it is gear drive.Driveshaft goes from the flywheel to a gearbox.The gearbox has a pully coming off the side parrellel to the wheels.A belt goes from the pully to the transaxle.The output shaft off that gearbox feeds the rear pto for you 541 pto unit,rototiller and I believe they had a pull behind brush hog type mower that run off that shaft.I think it is the same platform as the 1450,but not positive.Yes that is the deck lever on right side.

• IamSherwood said thank you

#17 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,081 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 06:26 PM

I picked up a parts manual for this tractor and was paging through the attachments part of the book and seen they had 2 different lawn sweepers avail for this tractor.I didn't realize massey had lawn sweepers.Now I have something else to look for.Has anyone seen any of these or does anyone have one?

• limebuzz said thank you

#18 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 864 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 08:03 PM

I picked up a parts manual for this tractor and was paging through the attachments part of the book and seen they had 2 different lawn sweepers avail for this tractor.I didn't realize massey had lawn sweepers.Now I have something else to look for.Has anyone seen any of these or does anyone have one?

I've came across one. The fellow I bought my blower had one for sale as well. But I had to pass on it and the front blade. Haven't seen one since and that was 5 years ago now. I'd really like to find one too. Good luck.