#16 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 06:52 AM

I THINK ITS WORTH WHATEVER YOU CAN GET FOR IT AS A SELLER AND WHAT EVER YOUR WILLING TO PAY FOR IT AS A BUYER CAPITOLISM AT WORK

#17 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,397 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Around here I think we're middle of the road, still a few bargains showing up but don't last long as more people discover the joy of garden tractors.

#18 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 07:39 AM

Went and looked at a non-running, rusted out Planet Jr. with rotten tires. He "only" wanted $300 for it 'cause it's "rare".

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:42 AM

I THINK ITS WORTH WHATEVER YOU CAN GET FOR IT AS A SELLER AND WHAT EVER YOUR WILLING TO PAY FOR IT AS A BUYER CAPITOLISM AT WORK

Yep, pretty much what I would say.

I'm in the cincy area, prices can be all over the board. I've gotten lucky on the few tractors I've bought off CL, one fell in my lap cause the guy was moving and posted in the ATV section, not farm stuff and the other was cause the guy had dealings with my family and knew my last name.

Anyway, some sellers thnk they are selling gold mine "antiques" others want to just get rid of stuff, then the rest are middle of the road. Thankfully I'm in an area that 2-3 hours any direction is plentiful for about any brand GT.

Edited by TAHOE, April 28, 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#20 Kentucky OFFLINE  

Kentucky
  • Member No: 55814
  • 106 Thanks
  • 62 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Ive noticed Cincy' has a decent share of GT's for sale. I talked to a guy about a Ariens GT17 and a MTD D199D up there a while back. His dad ran a repair shop? I think? Said he usally had several GT's for sale all the time.

Edited by Kentucky, April 28, 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#21 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Prices on CL around here seem to be going up. Everyone with an old JD-regardless of shape-thinks its a goldmine. The good deals are snapped up immediately. For example, a couple of Ariens (yes, I'm partial to them) with deck and 2 stage blowers are in the $2000. range, they been listed a LONG time. The other day I saw an ad for an S14H with 2 stage blower and 48" deck for $400. It was about 3 hours away from me. Contacted the guy, and while trying to figure out how to get it home-he emails me and said its sold. Still kicking myself!