#1 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 08:23 AM

I just opened a little lawn care business up and still buying equipment. I was wondering what y'all prefer for a edger? Whats the advantages and disadvantages of these two?

I am wanting a walk behind but I think a trimmer style would take less time to operate. Time=Money

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 10:10 AM

You can by units that have a pivoting head, so they switch between trimmer and edger.

#3 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 12:32 PM

Right now I have a Echo SRM 225 that I weed-eat with. I was planning to buy a trimmer/edger combo but I wanted to know the advantage between the walk behind and trimmer style. I wanted to weigh my eggs before I eat them. A combo set I could use for more than one thing besides just a edger. Well, I think I will buy the combo set.

I am not looking to spend 200-300 bucks but whats the best combo? I have been looking at Troy Bilt and Craftsman combos on craigslist. Anyone thoughts on what type to get? Right now I am mowing 5 yards a week. My ECHO is primary Weedeater so it will be used less than a hour a week.

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Out here, most all the commercial mowing outfits use their Weed Eaters to edge with. I also use mine to edge with, it takes a little extra string edging but it's a lot cheaper and easier them putting down the trimmer and getting the edger fired up.

• Gabriel said thank you

#5 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 02, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Out here, most all the commercial mowing outfits use their Weed Eaters to edge with. I also use mine to edge with, it takes a little extra string edging but it's a lot cheaper and easier them putting down the trimmer and getting the edger fired up.

that's what the custom lawn guys do up here too. 

• Gabriel said thank you