• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 10:15 AM

Last week Dad decided that we didn't have enough going on so he told the maintenance people at the golf course he lives on that we would go over and repair their new to them pull behind mower they had just purchased used. When we got it, it had twisted off spindle blade bolts on 4 of the six spindles that had left handed bolts in them, don't they had thought that one out and the first deck they changed blades on had right handed bolts in the spindles. I also had to fix and fabricate some of the anti-scalp rolls mounts, replace bad rollers, The mower is and very nice set up with 3 X 48" deck like a batwing bush hog. The only thing I don't like about the set up is that you can't rise one wing while leaving the rest of the mower on the ground, if it were mine I would correct that.

IMG_20140416_153035_547.jpg IMG_20140416_153051_667.jpg IMG_20140416_153100_247.jpg Untitled.png

• sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 11:00 AM

At the golf course I work at we have a slightly older version of that mower. Ours is getting worn out and has really should be replaced but we keep fixing it. The good thing is that almost any part you need for it is still available. They also cut fairly good too. Incase you don't know yet one of the decks blades rotate the opposite direction of the other two and one also uses a different belt than the other two do also.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Matt, I figured that out when I saw the part numbers on the blade boxes and realized they had been tightening the spindle bolts when trying to replace those blades, that's why they twisted them off. :(

#4 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hopefully it wasn't too hard to fix the bolts that got twisted off. The good thing is though that these mowers can last a long time. Ours has 1000's of hours on it I bet and it's still going, a lot has been replaced though. They do have a unique sound when your mowing with them too.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 01:26 PM

They were broke off down into the hole about a 1/4" so I used my wire welder and a smaller DIA. flat washer and built up the broken bolt until I could weld the washer to it, then a nut to the washer so I had something to get a hold of to turn them out.

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 03:15 PM

That is interesting!!  Kubota must have some kind of deal with Land Pride because every Kubota dealer I have been in sells Land Pride implements.  One had a simlar mower, but the one I saw you could fold up all the decks.  I even have a Land Pride Catalog from the Kubota Dealership.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 25, 2014 - 03:16 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 04:05 PM

JD, This one you can fold it all up at once, but you can't mow with one deck up off the ground.