• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:06 AM

Lately, it's been run, run, run. Work... Home... Up at the farm.
From a mechanical standpoint: Been working on some of the smaller Farm Tractors and the GT's also. Amazing how something that did nothing but sit for a decade can need so much assistance.
I got the Pacer running, the Pony needs a Valve guide, but it's on order. Thank goodness we had the valve.

I managed to get the ST16 starter reassembled (came apart at PA Plow Day) and found a slow leak at the bead.

I said to Dad, "Amazing how two or three productive evenings cam make you feel like you accomplished something." He smiled.

Anyways, I'm still here and reading lots. Doing Mod stuff etc too.
Didnt want anyone to post a "Where's MH81" thread :D
  • Texas Deere and Horse, hamman, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:11 AM

It's a busy time of year for all of us! Warmer weather leads to things needing attention. Lots going on here!

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and chris m have said thanks

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:19 AM

Yes Alan, many of us are in the same boat.  I had an intense day yesterday, and was worn out.  Then the coop guy came as I was dragging to the house.  Had to stack 2500lbs of seed, and unload a couple tons of pine chips & mineral tubs.  I ate supper at 6:30, then sat in my recliner....lights out!  I woke up around 9pm or so, checked GTT, then hit the hay.  Today it's trimming cow feet all day long, then I milk tonight.  Another lights out evening I predict.  GT's are all on the back burner for me.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:38 AM

Another lights out evening I predict.  GT's are all on the back burner for me.

I don't mind not getting a lot of time for hobbies sometimes, makes you enjoy them more when you can... It not being able to do GT's or GTT as much at the same time. Getting twitchy :rolling:
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:48 AM

I don't mind not getting a lot of time for hobbies sometimes, makes you enjoy them more when you can... It not being able to do GT's or GTT as much at the same time. Getting twitchy :rolling:

Yep, I hear that!  But when I'm totally "wiped out tired" I only want rest.  Man do I miss the energy & stamina I had 10 years ago!  :(

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Yep, I hear that!  But when I'm totally "wiped out tired" I only want rest.  Man do I miss the energy & stamina I had 10 years ago!  :(

I know what you're saying there, Daniel! My get up & go has lost the go part toward afternoon!

• Texas Deere and Horse and chris m have said thanks

#7 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 08:05 AM

Who is this "MH81" you are talking about :poke:  :rolling:

I am in the same boat. My bathroom & house remodel is about 2 months behind, all my yard work/flower beds are already behind, haven't thought about the graden yet. I have about 8 tractor/mower projects all over that need worked on. Turkeys have outgrown their pen already so I have to build a new one and we just got 5 baby goats so that's more work and upkeep. Tahoe tranny went out, I help cut grass at church ( about 3-4 acres) and we have work days coming to spruce up church, and now the Wife's jeep has developed a vibration I cannot find that I fear will become a major issue very soon, that will require immediate attn when whatever decides to let go.

Funny here at work production has slowed to a snail's pace and I have little to test in the lab but I've been busier than I have in a while. I still get in my internet time though to surf GTT!!!!

• KennyP said thank you

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 08:33 AM

I don't know if the going or the waiting is more streesful??  Tried to till the garden patch Saturday after the last row of potatoes was planted.

It was too wet so put it off. It has rained the past two days and has been pretty chilly so I have been sitting around waiting for it to dry up.

A weekago Monday the pilot light went out on the furnace and it was too windy to get it to light. After taking the burner out , cleaning and installing a new thermal coupler, then putting a plastic bag over the stack to stop the draft blowing down the stack(wing was gusting 35 mph) I finally got it to light. I worked on that from 5:30-9:30 pm. My nephew is a HVAC guy who works for Lennox. I bought a new Furnace Tuesday, that I will have to put in a month or so. The old one was 28 yrs old and I knew it was due for replacement.

When the weather clears up I'll be going like a mad man to catch up.

• KennyP said thank you

#9 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 08:59 AM

i have been plenty busy to with cleaning and servicing the farm tractors im lucky to get a couple hours a day though working on the jd b but that about all i have time for

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 09:10 AM

Alan,It's good to hear your actually getting to wrench on some projects. All of us are very busy right now, it's just that time of year. Thankfully we still can come here and unwind after a long day.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#11 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Wow, I'm tired after just reading everyone else's posts here.  You fellows are working hard.  

I'm glad you still get a chance to update us Alan.

• KennyP said thank you

#12 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 09:41 AM

Same here. I've got a bathroom reno underway and ended up spending a whole day scraping the vinyl flooring off the subfloor. That put me behind a day. Then my wife got sick, high fever, coughing etc so I was on houswork duty as well. I'm hoping to get the bathroom floor in this weekend and maybe get the new toilet and vanity/sink installed. My wife has asthma, so a respiratory infection is always worse for her and she is still not well. The usual stuff that needs doing in spring is also looming. Work has been busy as well.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#13 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 10:29 AM

Amen to that! 

I'm sure most everyone is either busy or getting to the point of being busy.  We have graduation for 2 grandkids, college, plus the normal spring things to do.  I need to get into looking at all my equipment and see if what I need to do to them.

#14 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,116 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 03:33 PM

Same here with to many things to do and this is only some of the things.  Son's water heater was give us trouble, have motor to do in the lgt 165, then get son's ford ready for grass cutting, cleaning yards, leveling driveway, paint house inside and out and try and have some fun, plus check what's going on here on GTTalk.  Noel

• KennyP said thank you

#15 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 05:19 PM

I hope my post didnt come across as whining, I'm actually more guilty feeling for not being here as much than complaining
  • Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood, chris m and 1 other said thanks