Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:28 PM

If it were me I would take all the non hydro machines off the list, non hydros aren't as quick/well suited doing utility loader work.  Then any non JD or Kubota, lose the possible parts issues.  But that's what I would do.

Thanks!  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  The Yanmar YM1610D has as good a parts support as any grey market machine can, but it is older--built from 78-81. It also has a shuttle trans that allows shift on the fly, which is better than a manual tranny.  There's one only an hour away, so I will go take a look at it as it will give me an idea of how the similar sized JDs will handle. 

I would prefer hydrostatic, and definitely power steering, after having to horse the Bolens steering wheel around for several hours last week...

Smitty.

#17 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Smith, I'm sure that I can use a car hauler from a co worker. Just let me know. I can help out if we are closer than Texas. With my schedule, I can take a good 6 days if needed.

Good luck!

Thanks, Ryan!!

The one I'm most leaning towards is a Kubota B2100 in SW Colorado, near Durango.  It's about 7-8 hours down there IIRC.  It would be a fun little trip.  There's also a JD4100 in Pueblo--a little longer trip, but then I'd be in my old stomping grounds from my 2 year stint in the mid 70's...

Smitty

#18 Pager450n OFFLINE  

Pager450n
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53757
  • 385 Thanks
  • 369 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Thanks, Ryan!!

The one I'm most leaning towards is a Kubota B2100 in SW Colorado, near Durango.  It's about 7-8 hours down there IIRC.  It would be a fun little trip.  There's also a JD4100 in Pueblo--a little longer trip, but then I'd be in my old stomping grounds from my 2 year stint in the mid 70's...

Smitty

Sounds good to me. That's a fun trip down through Moab, but there is also a guy that has some kubota goodies in a yard. Let emerging know, would be glad to help.

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:50 PM

Always thought Kioti was good brand. Kinda like Kubota, only run cheaper when new anyway.  Maybe no dealers your way on them. They have hydros and older ones were Shuttle shift 8spds I believe.  Midwest has dealers for those. I always wanted to see an LB19 gear drive, kinda more old school now. The newest ones are mostly 20 or 25 hp and hydros.  Does anyone ever have those New Packages out west, with tractor, loader, sometimes a tiller and other times a Box scraper AND even the trailer all for one price??  They do that lots around here and seems to be best New prices. Have to shop around I guess to see if offered.

• Utah Smitty said thank you

#20 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 05:16 PM

Always thought Kioti was good brand. Kinda like Kubota, only run cheaper when new anyway.  Maybe no dealers your way on them. They have hydros and older ones were Shuttle shift 8spds I believe.  Midwest has dealers for those. I always wanted to see an LB19 gear drive, kinda more old school now. The newest ones are mostly 20 or 25 hp and hydros.  Does anyone ever have those New Packages out west, with tractor, loader, sometimes a tiller and other times a Box scraper AND even the trailer all for one price??  They do that lots around here and seems to be best New prices. Have to shop around I guess to see if offered.

They have Kioti dealers here, but no used tractors... springtime is high demand, I guess... 

I've actually seen Kioti (Dae Dong) tractors when I was in Korea in 2008, including a 13hp, diesel-powered 2 wheeled animal that had a live PTO shaft to the rear that could be hooked to a two wheeled cart with a live axle--basically a large 4 wd sulky.  A lot of the farmers used them...

Smitty

• boyscout862 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kubota, john deere, yanmar, new holland, b2100, jd4100