18 replies to this topic

#16 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 21, 2011 - 11:53 PM

I'd try filling the tires and putting on some wheel weights. That looks like a pretty heavy blower. I'd also make sure it's going all the way down and running on the surface.

Now the real important question. Is that an MGB in the background, sixmilelen?

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 22, 2011 - 09:02 PM

That's quite a load up front to push, whether skidding on the snow or raised. You need more weight, as that is a light tractor. Fill the tires with WWF, and weights in the rims....maybe more on the rear too.

#18 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 08:10 AM

That's quite a load up front to push, whether skidding on the snow or raised. You need more weight, as that is a light tractor. Fill the tires with WWF, and weights in the rims....maybe more on the rear too.

As Daniel said weight in the back will make all the difference. Check your owners manual and see if it tells you how much weight you can add to the rear of your tractor. Fluid in the rear tires and weights mounted to them don't add weight to the frame or tranny. If your manual states a weight limit to add to the rear of the tractor you should be able to add that even with the rear tires loaded and weighted down. I had an 11 horse tractor much like yours years ago with a snow blower on it. It needed a lot of weight on the back to be able to use it. The front mounted blower takes a lot of weight off of the rear of the tractor and then you loose traction.

#19 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 03:13 AM

To reinforce what everyone else has said, You need more weight! Being that you've got a late model "lawn tractor" instead of a "garden tractor", you're starting out with a 4-500 lb deficate over the old iron. The cast iron transaxle on my tubeframe is almost a heavy as as the snowcaster plus 130 lbs or so of extra weight, and me in the seat.But the leverage the blower has out in front still makes my rear end light. I can't prescribe how or where to add the weight 'cause I'm not familiar with your tractor. Sorry to be blunt, and good luck.