• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 09:52 PM

Picked up the head gasket at lunch today.  Got her all back together and properly torqued down.  Might have a minor coolant leak where the water pump housing bolts to the head, put another 1/4 turn on the bolts and will see what happens, worst case I have to drain it again and pull to put black RTV on it.  Had just enough battery power to spin her with the decompression lever pulled and bleed up the injectors, then 1 decent shot at starting, got as far as a partial fire in 1 cylinder before I ran out of juice.  I will give her a good try before I head out to work in the morning, the charger will have the battery back at full power by then.  Cant wait to hear her run again, she has been down since Thanksgiving.  Hopefully Yanmar will start making the injector seals again, there is hope on that issue now according to Martin Diesel Services.    Cheers   Mike

• HowardsMF155 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 09:03 PM

She fired up on the second try this morning, then ran great for 2 hours straight tonight hauling stuff out of our shed that we are cleaning out so it can be moved.  No problems or leaks to speak of.   MIke

• HowardsMF155 and Cat385B have said thanks

#3 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,512 Thanks
  • 3,912 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 04:26 AM

That is always great to get her fired up again. Feels extra good to take it out for a spin after a long hibernation.

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:49 AM

Espicaly when I didnt know if she would ever run again. Took several months to locate a used cylinder head with the injector seals intact. This situation may change as Yanmar corperate didnt realize the parts side had become so dire, as being an aniversery year for them, they wanted to restore a few tractors to take to conventions state side and found it impossible to do that.  Mike