5 replies to this topic

#1 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 07:46 PM

I finally got belts for my 110 how long do you think itll take to put the primary and drive belts on and what do i have to do to do it??

Edited by superspeedex, April 23, 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 08:15 PM

First off, remove the three bolts that hold the transmission drive pulley. This will release the belt from the transmission. Next, pull the variator handle into the rear position. This should loosen the belt between the engine drive pulley and the variator pulley. There should be an "L" shaped belt guard attached to the variator pulley, remove this. Remove the guard that covers the engine drive pulley. Next, get under the tractor, and remove two engine bolts from the left side of the tractor that holds the motor to the frame of the tractor. While under there, remove the front right bolt that holds the engine to the frame as well. The right rear bolt that holds the engine to the frame, just loosen. Do not remove this bolt. Next, remove the bolt that holds the lower tab of the generator/starter shield to the tractor frame. With the three engine bolts removed, and the fourth one loose, you should be able to turn the engine so that the engine drive pulley comes back towards the console. At this point, with the variator set right, you should have just enough play in the belt to get it over the engine drive pulley. If not, you may need to remove the engine drive pulley. If this is the case, you'll find a set screw holding the pulley to the end of the crank shaft. Hopefully you won't have to go this route.

Once the engine drive belt is removed from the engine drive pulley, you should have no problem removing both belts from the variator pulley. For installation of the belts, just reverse all of the steps that I explained. If all goes well, you should be able to have both belts changed out within 45 minutes to an hour. If you find out that you have extra bolts that you didn't have before, check with us before trying to start the tractor.

Good Luck to you, and if you need additional help, just ask!

• superspeedex said thank you

#3 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 08:55 PM

First off, remove the three bolts that hold the transmission drive pulley. This will release the belt from the transmission. Next, pull the variator handle into the rear position. This should loosen the belt between the engine drive pulley and the variator pulley. There should be an "L" shaped belt guard attached to the variator pulley, remove this. Remove the guard that covers the engine drive pulley. Next, get under the tractor, and remove two engine bolts from the left side of the tractor that holds the motor to the frame of the tractor. While under there, remove the front right bolt that holds the engine to the frame as well. The right rear bolt that holds the engine to the frame, just loosen. Do not remove this bolt. Next, remove the bolt that holds the lower tab of the generator/starter shield to the tractor frame. With the three engine bolts removed, and the fourth one loose, you should be able to turn the engine so that the engine drive pulley comes back towards the console. At this point, with the variator set right, you should have just enough play in the belt to get it over the engine drive pulley. If not, you may need to remove the engine drive pulley. If this is the case, you'll find a set screw holding the pulley to the end of the crank shaft. Hopefully you won't have to go this route.

Once the engine drive belt is removed from the engine drive pulley, you should have no problem removing both belts from the variator pulley. For installation of the belts, just reverse all of the steps that I explained. If all goes well, you should be able to have both belts changed out within 45 minutes to an hour. If you find out that you have extra bolts that you didn't have before, check with us before trying to start the tractor.

Good Luck to you, and if you need additional help, just ask!

Just what i was looking for  Thanks Again i always know i can count on this forum

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#4 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 03:07 PM

Got my new belts on the belts the dealer gave me didnt work but luckly i had a m40015 so i used its works better now

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#5 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 04:52 PM

Did you use the steps that I explained to you above, or did you use your own method? Glad to hear that everything worked out for you, and the tractor is running again!

• superspeedex said thank you

#6 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted April 25, 2014 - 07:58 PM

I unbolted 2 of the bolts on the rear pulley loosend the 3rd got the rear belts off then pulled the one cover up top by the engine and there was enough slack to get the frount belts on and off o and forgot but i used tie wire to tie up the tension er pulley i never had to losen up the engine but i did notice havent looked at it yet but when i fully depress the clutch it has a rattle like on pulley hitting another