2 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 12:26 PM

This summer (august 9th and 10th) is the Rose City Threshing & Heritage festival. I'm hoping to have enough interest to take it to the next meeting to see if they are interesting in having this at the show grounds during the show.

This year the show is featuring the old gas engines. Every year we have 1 or 2 steam engines that come do the saw mill, threshing, and run the sawmill

Saturday (9th)
There's threshing and and saw mill.
Tractor pull and parade.
Plow day for garden tractors(maybe big tractors too depending on turn out)
Music& arts and crafts
Petting zoo
Blacksmith shop
Possibly saddle club will put on a little show

Sunday (10th)
Lawn& garden tractor + atv pull
Live music from a local band
Possibly more threshing and plowing
Petting zoo
Blacksmithing shop

Both days there are 3 food vendors, one is In a cafeteria. Camping is available on site.

Here's a link to the website.
http://www.rosecitythreshing.org/

There is some interest by the members of the heritage foundation to bring in the garden tractor crowd. If I can get a big enough interest in a get together and get enough people and their garden tractors at show show it may become a permanent part of the show.

I also posted this on MTF, there's is no competition or need for one between these two great forums. I'm just poking for interest to see if there is any right now.

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'll have to see if I can get there. Is there a lot of gas engines that show up? Aug is usually a busy month for me but we'll see.

#3 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'll have to see if I can get there. Is there a lot of gas engines that show up? Aug is usually a busy month for me but we'll see.

Usually we maybe only have 10 engines and most won't run them or the engines don't run.

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.