10 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 09:09 AM

I have been looking for a Ford 930 finish mower for my Ford 1500.

Found one just yesterday. The problem is it is attatched to a Ford 1500 on Turfs with just 569 hrs on the meter.

The paint looks near new and it's a nice one!! I did not have the heart to ask what they wanted for the package.

Because I can't afford it right now and might have been tempted to buy it.

I knew Colfax,Iowa was too far for you anyway.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 23, 2014 - 09:11 AM.

• MH81, KennyP and Utah Smitty have said thanks

#2 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for thinking of me!!  I've fouind a couple machines that are of interestt-- a Kubota B2100 with FEL and a scraper. It's on (worn) turf tires with chains, but I've asked the dealer selling it what it would take to swap out to Ag tires.  Nebraska tire has the 9.50-16 rears it takes for $120 each right now--great price!!

I also found a B7200 'bota down in Tyler, TX. It shows 800 odd hours on the 3 digit hour meter, though I suspect it has 1,800 hours.  The previous owner had installed power steering, which is nice, and it seems in pretty good shape overall.  Has Turf tires, but I could go to ag tires at some time in the future.  Price is $4,500, which seems reasonable, and $700-900 to ship it to Salt Lake... I'm just checking on freight for it now...

Anyway, I've had about half a dozen machines pop up this last week, so maybe I'll finally get one that I want!!

Smitty

• MH81 said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Either one of those could be a real nice machine for you. Since one of your biggest uses would be with loader the 2100 might be better.

Loaders can be hard to find, but Kubota would probably be easier than some machines. 

Now that it is in season I think you will see a lot more machines for sale this spring.

#4 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 01:49 PM

oh its not that far just about 1100 miles. i hauled a jd 318 back from colfax 

#5 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Either one of those could be a real nice machine for you. Since one of your biggest uses would be with loader the 2100 might be better.

Loaders can be hard to find, but Kubota would probably be easier than some machines. 

Now that it is in season I think you will see a lot more machines for sale this spring.

Yeah, both machines have a loader and are about the same length.  The B7200 is a couple hundred pounds lighter, and about half the price of the 2100. 

Smitty

#6 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 05:13 PM

Cool.... so, when you going that way again???? Maybe I can get you to haul something back for me--seeing as you're there anyway... :bigrofl:

Smitty

• KennyP said thank you

#7 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 09:39 PM

Cool.... so, when you going that way again???? Maybe I can get you to haul something back for me--seeing as you're there anyway... :bigrofl:

Smitty

when i get the time and the money to go back

#8 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 10:11 PM

I hear you...

BTW, sold my HT23 tonight.

Smitty

#9 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 08:06 AM

You were not far from me then. I lived in Colfax from 1954-1964 and moved to Newton. Moved back to Colfax in 2000 and lived there till I lost a home to a flood in Aug. of 2010. Then moved back to Newton(10 miles east) in Dec of 2010 when we bought the acreage.

Drive by Colfax every day twice on the way to and from work.

Every month or so I go up to the tractor salvage yard and see if they have anything I need(Grin) . They do have a Case 1816 skidloader I have been watching to see if his price will go down. He claims it has a drive motor out. But I see a drive belt very loose in there and suspect a new belt might fix it. He also has a Ford 1700 with a rebuilt motor that needs all 4 wheels and tires(Calcium Chlorideerosion).

I also go up to the JD Dealership and that's where I found the Ford 1500 and mower.

#10 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 08:47 AM

my parents still live in colfax and one of my sisters lives in newton next time im  out there i want to go through that junkyard and get some parts for my farmall if they have any out there 

#11 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 11:59 AM

my parents still live in colfax and one of my sisters lives in newton next time im  out there i want to go through that junkyard and get some parts for my farmall if they have any out there 

Ahh... now I understand the connection.  Here I thought you was Utahn born and bred...

Smitty