#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 04:57 AM

Ok guys, I am not sure where to put this.  I am trying to get Izabelle's pedal tractor finished and am having trouble with getting the rite size tires, I have decided to go with dirt bike tires but cannot seem to get the rite size and after buying two sets I have decided to do  little more research before I spend another $80.

I am looking for a tire around 23" in diameter, does anyone here have dirt bikes or know what size the tires run? what size rim I should be looking for or what size tire? even a make and model of bike with that size rim on it.  Most of the rims listed on e-bay are listed from whatever year make and model bike not by size and I am not getting much back from other sellers.  Any help would be awesome.

Pete

• farmer john said thank you

#2 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:42 AM

what i have found is one manufacture over another can be a differance of size. i would take it to a local tire shop and get their opinion of make is most suited to your needs. they are the experts and may suggest something your not even considering, good luck

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:54 AM

Call the local dirt bike shop and explain the situation. If you want, you can say you're in planning stages.

#4 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 04:23 PM

I tried the locale shop, the kid behind the counter thought I was kidding with him then when I asked to see the owner he said he was!!  It went down hill from there,  Maybe I will find another shop.