4 replies to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:17 PM

I have a power king model 2414. The second transmission  is messed up. Id like to be able to us it now. I don't have the money or time to mess with the second transmission right now. I found these parts on ebay. I was wondering for now if I could just take the second one out and put this drive shaft in it. Is serial number 44275 if that makes a difference.  Will this work?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ed088f58a

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c806519c9

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:31 PM

Those should work but you will also need the two couplers as they are different on a single tranny set up.  May I ask what the problem is with your second transmission?  It may actually be a simple fix.

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:35 PM

You need those parts, but some are diff lengths, so make sure you have correct length. Measure from back of trans where tube bolts up and to the rear where it bolts up and see if in range. You WILL have to remove front metals and engine mounts to move it all ahead enough to slip off the splines on your tractor and fit in the new parts. Mission has new gaskets for each end of the tube, or you can cut your own. Don't do w/out gaskets, it will slow leak. Silicone works, even leaving on the old paper gaskets if they stay together if you like that stuff, I don't.  The coupler on back of rear trans will fit this shaft, but will need another small one like it to join the shaft to the rear of front trans. The one between trans now is a special two size in one  coupler that you want to make sure you keep for re-install when fixed. 

You don't say what is wrong with trans. Is it stuck in a gear?  You can lift top off and re-position shifter into high gear and not move again and it will be like direct drive, same as the shaft. Just don't shift it. Have to remove the center console tin to get at the cover and bolts, but can be done with seat off and pulling hoses around and such.

#4 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:03 AM

Unfortunately its not to simple. The main drive gear is striped. No teeth at all. :mad2:

#5 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Those should work but you will also need the two couplers as they are different on a single tranny set up.  May I ask what the problem is with your second transmission?  It may actually be a simple fix.

You just use the two rear couplers.You remove the transmission and intermediate coupler and the short rear driveshaft and install the long driveshaft using the same couplers used on the short shaft.I think that's what I meant to say.