• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 06:18 PM

I am getting ready to rebuild a BGB (beveled gear box) from an Allis B110. So far I see I can order all the seals and bearings for around $70 at Jacks small engines. Luckily the gears are in great shape! as they are expensive!!! Like $110 for one of the gears.

The price really Isn't that bad considering how expensive everything is today. I was just curious if anyone has found a better deal or if anyone has been able to cross reference the part numbers to CR, National etc..?

Thanks, Chris

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 06:34 PM

You might plug the seals' part numbers into one of the cross references online.  Sometimes you get lucky.

My rule has been for me at least, "if you buy bearings or seals once, you should never have to buy OEM again since you have the measurements in hand."

Ben W.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 07:38 PM

If it makes you feel any better I have had to replace all the seals in the rear end's of all three of my allis chalmers tractors, $60 per tractor.  If you need parts I have two of those gear boxes on the shelf out behind the barn. 

You may also wan to search e-bay for your seals, sometimes you can get lucky and find nos stuff for cheap.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 07:49 PM

If it makes you feel any better I have had to replace all the seals in the rear end's of all three of my allis chalmers tractors, $60 per tractor.  If you need parts I have two of those gear boxes on the shelf out behind the barn. 

You may also wan to search e-bay for your seals, sometimes you can get lucky and find nos stuff for cheap.

I have seen some on Ebay, and I should be all set for parts. I'll know more tomorrow when I clean the parts up. Thanks

• boyscout862 said thank you