Randy Bucket Pics (Close Up)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,236 Thanks
  • 3,223 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Here are some pics, I'll try to explain, but asking specific questions might make it easier to understand, some of the pics are not as clear as I'd like.

First pic is the center front mount of the tractor where the front of the deck or first mounting point for the snow blade to attach, I used it as the rear mount for the bucket by cutting the Swisher backbone mount designed for ATV's down to the proper length, then sliding the mounts until they aligned. As you can see there were leaf springs to each side that went to the front wheel suspension on some ATv's, I cut about 2/3 of them off and adjusted them until they fit and tightened all the clamps.

Randy bucket center mount.jpg

Next pic is the front mount, I just welded a tab that came with the Swisher bucket to the backbone frame and drilled out an existing hole to take a much larger bolt.

Randy bucket front mount.jpg

This is the winch mount, which started life as the tail piece from a Craftsman GT5000, it was the same basic frame so it slid right over the front frame rails and I drilled two holes and used 2 existing holes to bolt it in place. Makes a terrific winch mount!

Randy bucket front winch mount.jpg

Randy bucket winch mount top view.jpg

Randy bucket winch mount side view2.jpg

Randy bucket winch mount side view.jpg

The rest are general views of the bucket and mounts, any questions I'll try to answer for you, but as I said in the original post, it works great!

Randy bucket mounts.jpg Randy bucket hook.jpg Randy bucket underside.jpg Randy bucket underside front view.jpg Randy bucket.jpg Randy bucket2.jpg

As you can see, I cut a big square out of the grill to clear the cables, it's not meant to be a show tractor, but a worker.

I paid $350  for the tractor with a 44" deck with new spindles, a never used Brinly moldboard plow, tire chains 2 pc cast iron wheel weights that total 96 lbs per side. I sold the plow and deck for $200, I paid $200 for the bucket kit, brand new, the guy bought it and never installed it. I have less than $100 in the winch and nothing in the winch mount.

Edited by toppop52, April 20, 2014 - 03:24 PM.

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,324 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 04:34 PM

That looks like a pretty good setup! :thumbs: 

How far out in front of the tractor is the backside of the bucket? I have some ideas for mounting the Johnny Bucket on my Cub 129. I like the mount set up on yours, I just think it might be too long as a unit for me. I want to try and keep the bucket closer to the GT for storage reasons and it also needs to be quickly interchangeable with the snow blade.

#3 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,236 Thanks
  • 3,223 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 07:42 PM

All the way up it will start to push the plastic hood back, can't get much closer than that. It only added the depth of the bucket to the overall length. I still park it in the same spot as before. It actually added slightly less than the Johnny bucket did to my GT 5000.

Edited by toppop52, April 20, 2014 - 07:44 PM.

• bgkid2966 said thank you