shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 05:35 AM

Dang it man!!!!!

That would suck.

When you find out where to find a replacement fanblade please let me know, mine is trashed like yours now is. :wallbanging:

I will, I had an aftermarket one on that I found at the hardware store. I will see if they still carry it.

• MH81 said thank you

#17 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 02:12 PM

Thanks shorty. I keep looking at what is left of mine wondering where in the world I would find something to replace it with.

Can I ask something else??  What kind of cover pan goes over the area in your picture? Mine was missing when I got the tractor but I need to put something over that area so that I do get anything IMPORTANT caught up in that spinning driveshaft. :dancingbanana:

#18 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Right now I am thinking that it might have been a Dayton motor fan. I still have the factory tunnel cover yet, It had to get cut to fit the fan in. It is about 1/8 or 3/16 and has a lip that slips under the steering console and extends under the rear fender pan. I will try to get a pic of it for you.

#19 warren OFFLINE  

warren
  • Member No: 48223
  • 42 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 03:12 PM

Thanks shorty. I keep looking at what is left of mine wondering where in the world I would find something to replace it with.

Can I ask something else??  What kind of cover pan goes over the area in your picture? Mine was missing when I got the tractor but I need to put something over that area so that I do get anything IMPORTANT caught up in that spinning driveshaft. :dancingbanana:

There are numerous places on the internet to purchase ariens parts (including the fan).  I've had good luck with Jacks small engine parts website.  You'll need your model # (931----) and in some cases, serial #  and then you'll find diagrams of all the various components.  The only change I have found is sometimes the fan is black instead of white!!

• shorty said thank you

#20 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 05:28 AM

There are numerous places on the internet to purchase ariens parts (including the fan).  I've had good luck with Jacks small engine parts website.  You'll need your model # (931----) and in some cases, serial #  and then you'll find diagrams of all the various components.  The only change I have found is sometimes the fan is black instead of white!!

I have checked Jack's a few times already. They have a great parts section, easy to use and figure out. Partstree is another good place. Only thing is, I have yet to buy something online. One thing that I didn't do yet. It is local or on the phone.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#21 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 05:32 AM

I really hope to find time today to tear this apart to see if there is any more broken parts that I didn't see yet. The other day when I walked past it, I seen an oil puddle under it, not so good.

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 05:56 AM

I really hope to find time today to tear this apart to see if there is any more broken parts that I didn't see yet. The other day when I walked past it, I seen an oil puddle under it, not so good.

Oh, man.

Hope it's something simple and cheap.
  • shorty said thank you

#23 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted May 08, 2014 - 09:16 AM

Oil puddle is NOT a good sign, I am hoping that maybe it is just something easy to fix.

• shorty said thank you

#24 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted May 08, 2014 - 08:36 PM

I think that the main leak is an axle seal. There are a few wet areas around the front of the hydro too. Hoping that is just from the broken lines.

#25 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 01:51 PM

I have a few of those disc laying around if you need any just pay postage. I sold my ariens.

I have a box of parts I'll snap some pictures and post them. If you are interested.

Unless my dad did something with the parts.

Edited by toomanytoys84, May 26, 2014 - 01:59 PM.

• shorty said thank you

#26 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 08:15 PM

I have a few of those disc laying around if you need any just pay postage. I sold my ariens.

I have a box of parts I'll snap some pictures and post them. If you are interested.

Unless my dad did something with the parts.

Thanks, If you can get a picture, that would be great. I am not in a hurry to get on it right now. Too many other projects higher on the list.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#27 sideswiper OFFLINE  

sideswiper

• Member No: 5140
  • 19 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:22 PM

I had the same thing happen to one of my S16H's it ripped off both hydraulic lines off smashed the oil filter & worse of all the vibration caused the Charge Pump center Gear to shatter into about 5 pieces. Online they wanted $275 plus shipping for the 2 gears and i was lucky to find the 2 gears plus the housing & retainer pin on ebay for $70 with shipping included.

• shorty said thank you

#28 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 09:03 PM

It sure makes pieces in a hurry. Right now it is just taking up space.

#29 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 08:17 AM

I wonder if a safety loop could be made and used like guys who drag raced used to do?

:D   Al

#30 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 06:45 PM

I am sure one could be fitted in there. The fun part would be to get it the right size and place to guard every thing. Right now I am thinking I would like to try to find a universal joint for at the hydro and most likely use the flex plate at the motor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ariens, driveshaft