sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 08:50 AM

My "she" would not have been included in this till after the fact and after I had Already sold a few to "pay for it". :-)
Something (more than 1) would have had to go to make this deal work. But she is used to my wheeling and dealing after me doing it for over 25 years. I usually break even on most of my deals and get the joy of owning it for a while- she has seen this over the years, and after 2 vintage convertible cars that I bought and sold, these tractors don't raise too much of a flag.

I agree about the price being crazy compared to other options( I was thinking I have a used car for sale that runs, new tires, and it will not bring this price).

The HD -12 is pretty hard to find. That being said they are out there. I have found 3 before this one, and possibly know of another I am going to check on this week.

Crazy prices- did you see what those restored patio JD's went for in that video a while back? My wife WOULD shoot me if I had come home with that deal. :-)
  • MH81 said thank you

#17 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 09:05 AM

It went on the high side, but that being said, someone got all of these BH items at one place and one time. I had everything in this deal but the sickle mower, but i collected these items from Kentucky, Indiana, and West Virginia. Would have been much cheaper to buy this deal for me. But I would not had the chance to meet some great people ( some being several members on this site) and learned a lot from these trips. For what he got, if he was local and did not have to travel far, he actually got a decent deal IF acquiring Bush Hog stuff is his goal. Could have been a family member or neighbor, we may never know. Who knows maybe I will get a call one day asking me if I am still interested in buying this package. Would love to have that opportunity again.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#18 farmerphiltoybarn OFFLINE  

farmerphiltoybarn
  • Member No: 56019
  • 5 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hi my name is Philip and my grandfather purchased the bush hog hd-12 bush hog. Its a wonderful tractor to add to our collection and we weren't leaving the sale with out it on our trailer. It is now in our personal collection on our farm in Lawrence county PA. Look for it a shows all over PA.    

• MH81, LPBolens and Titus have said thanks

#19 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. Glad to hear it went to a collector and maybe we can get you to post more photos and get us some info on the sickle bar mower frame.

• IamSherwood said thank you

#20 farmerphiltoybarn OFFLINE  

farmerphiltoybarn
  • Member No: 56019
  • 5 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:30 PM

yes I can post some photos of everything

• Texas Deere and Horse and sacsr have said thanks

#21 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:42 PM

When you do, we can start a new thread for you if you have any trouble with it yourself.

Do you have any other BHs in your collection?

#22 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Phillip welcome to the forum! You and you grandfather have good taste in tractors! Glad it went to someone that will appreciate.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#23 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Welcome Phillip! You both certainly have a great eye!