• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 07:35 AM

I have been learning to use the 3D drawing program Trimble (Google) Sketchup Make, free version. http://www.sketchup....s/sketchup-make.

Thought I would post the drawings for others to use for constructing the 960/990 plow sub-frame. All the parts and dimensions are included. The Sketchup 3D viewer for the files is also available along with the 2D pictures.

Posted them over on MTF also. 

My public section of MS OneDrive.  http://1drv.ms/PHnRnp

As time permits, I will update these drawings with more detail as I learn more. Feel free to download them and keep for your 990 info files.
If anyone notices missing, bad or needed dimensions, message me, they are easy enough to change.

Attached Thumbnails

• 990 Plow Frame Assembled With Blade.jpg
  • 990 Plow Hanger Bracket.jpg

Edited by VTXrider, April 19, 2014 - 07:41 AM.

• KennyP, bgkid2966 and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 07:47 AM

I'll have to check that out. I've tried some of those house cads and such and had hard time working them. Make a mistake in middle of drawing and couldn't get out of it and wrecked the drawings.  Is this easy to use?  I like making drawings (used to, should say), but haven't messed with stuff on puter much. Your drawings look great and in color and all. I have a blade like that from my White that I adapted to 990. Hanger is little lighter and main channel doesn't turn up in back like that. It is mounted now and to be for sale with tractor. It sticks out a little too far and was going to shorten, but can be next guy's problem if he wants.  Don't forget there is parts for on front to guide the sideways move too. Simple to make that up.

#3 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 11:44 AM

If you check the link to my online storage, it has all the parts including the front guide brackets.

I would say it is not easy until you get to know the tools and what they do. The nice part about Sketchup are all the video tutorials available on their site and on Utube and it's free. I have about 50 hours of time in so far.  I did like to draw also and took many years of mechanical drawing.

This has been a bucket list item for me - to learn 3D and CAD before I croak. 

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just a quick thanks for sharing the downloads. I copied & printed each one for my many 990 notes.  :thumbs: