#31 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Still haven't pulled tranny, every evening I have had time, it rained. Not lying on my back on a wet drive. The sunny days, I seem to always be needing to do something esle.

anyway UPDATE on Jeep, found the vibration. :dancingbanana:  :rocker2:  pulled rear driveshaft, the back ujoint felt sloppy. Pressed out the first cap, the needle bearings all just feel out, dry and dusty. Pressed out second cap, pretty much just dust with pieces of needles.Replaced both ujoints, slapped her back in, all vibration is gone. Now to wait for something else on this hunk of junk to break!

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#32 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 08:21 AM

Got some not so good news today.....

My brother in law had a heart attack last night, will be having a quad bypass this afternoon. He's had heart problems (damage) and collapsed artery issues in the past so we are praying he just makes it through the surgery safely.

While his health is most important, puts a kink in my tranny rebuild. He will be down and out for quite a few weeks, I may have to pay someone to rebuild it for me now.

• olcowhand, Alc, panzersarebest and 1 other said thanks

#33 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 08:24 AM

I'll say a prayer for him Marty.  I sure hope your tranny doesn't cost you an arm & a leg.

#34 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 08:26 AM

I'll say a prayer for him Marty.  I sure hope your tranny doesn't cost you an arm & a leg.

Thanks Daniel.

I hope not too cause I don't have a spare of either :D

#35 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 09:46 AM

Prayers sent from here too. Of course, as fast as you're getting it out, he may be all healed up by the time its out.   :poke:

Too bad Hamiltucky isn't closer to Mansburg, I could help you out.

#36 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 11:07 AM

Prayers sent from here too. Of course, as fast as you're getting it out, he may be all healed up by the time its out.   :poke:

Too bad Hamiltucky isn't closer to Mansburg, I could help you out.

Thanks.

At the rate I'm going, just might be the case. He can just watch and tell me what to do!

Seems alI do is cut grass between the rain and I'm not lying in the rain under the 'Hoe to pull the tranny.

#37 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 07:54 AM

BIL made it through surgery, will be hold up in ICU for 5 days. They were able to use veins from his legs, it was an issue as that's where he had collapsed arteries/veins in the past. Surgery took 5 hours, but he seems to be okay, haven't talk to him, just my sisters. He will probably have a slower than normal recovery, he was heavy smoker, that slows down the healing. He is only 63

He was on a nitro drip from when he went in until surgery, I guess he was having small heart attacks waiting for surgery.

• Alc said thank you

#38 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Chevy needs to bring back the powerglide.

:D  I have two of em in my shed.. Not sure what i'm going to do with them.. 

#39 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 08:34 PM

I hope he isn't having any more heart attacks..  Good to hear they could use other veins..

#40 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:29 AM

:D  I have two of em in my shed.. Not sure what i'm going to do with them.. 

I got a neighbor who would take them. They use them in both thier 79 malibu drag cars.

I hope he isn't having any more heart attacks..  Good to hear they could use other veins..

Yea me too. I didn't realize he was on the drip cause he was having mini heart attacks while waiting for surgery.

#41 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 10:02 AM

Sounds like he is fortunate to be around still.

#42 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 11:36 AM

Sounds like he is fortunate to be around still.

Yea, he is only 63 too. He's had his share of smokes, drinks and I think snorts over the years, not taken care of himself. I think it runs in the family, his sister has a major heart bypass surgery a few yrs ago too.

#43 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:43 AM

Wow, it's been almost 4 months since this tranny went out and I haven't done much. That will happen when you have plenty of other vehicles to drive. 

So, I have a lot of remodel done, fair is over so I told wife I have to work on this tranny situation. With Plow day looming in about 7-8 weeks, I have to have this going or I won't be bringing a tractor. 

Worked on it some last night, had my son helping and learning. Got transfer case out and only 4 bolts and cooling lines still hooked to tranny. Plan to have it out this evening.

i did good too, almost no tranny fluid on the drive. I forgot how full the TC was though, set it in the garage on an old dog food sack, of course the fluid leaked out the rear snout that wasn't over food bag and all over floor  :wallbanging:  One good thing about having a cat, got plenty of litter!  :thumbs:

Found a couple local guys that come with good references that will rebuild for about $600. Since my BIL has retired from his heart surgery, I think it's a pretty good deal. 

Doing complete rebuild including upgraded sun shell, replacing converter, new u-joints while it's out also. 

• GTTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#44 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 02:49 PM

I picked this thing up at an auction several years ago for like $15 or something and  was not rear excited about it not being hydraulic but after using it once I found that  like it better than hydraulic.You can raise and lower it using your foot and you can leave it down just a smidge instead of 4 inches at a time like a hydraulic usually ends p doing.

Attached Thumbnails

• jack.jpg

• MH81 and TAHOE have said thanks

#45 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 03:00 PM

That's pretty cool, it's got some age on it.

I had my son working my floor jack, told him to let it down easy....yea, whatever. Good thing I had a good hold on the TC at the time.