Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bolens Versa Matic and Super Versa Matic Manual

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill56 
#1 ·
This Is a test manual that I made by taking pictures on my digital camera instead of scanning them. Since the Book is so large and a little fragile, I may have to create PDFs like this. Let me know what you guy's think of the quality and readability.

I figured since I was doing this I mine as well create a PDF of a tractor that someone has on here ( Nascar3244888)

Versa Matic 15FC-02 and Super Versamatic 15FD-02 - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

#2 ·
thanks bud looks really good i can read and understand everything.....GOOD WORK!!!

#5 ·
Bill56 said:
Looks great, Brian! I think that may be like one the tractors I have.
There were quite a few models of these walk behinds made.

If you happen to have the Model number of it I can verify your model and year of production for you. ( My Bolens capabilities are now greater than ever before with this New Manual LOL :D)

#7 ·
Have any Power ho stuff?

#8 ·
Thanks Brian. Where's the tag located at? Seems like I remember seeing one, facing up, at the rear of the frame. I hope to post some pictures on the Walk-Behind Forum... someday. The tractor, that I'm presuming to be a Versa Matic, is in the worse condition of the two tractors I got. The fuel tank and engine are there, but no hood or grille. It sat so long with its' "nose" tipped into the dirt, that the flywheel shroud rusted through!

#9 ·
Bill56 said:
Thanks Brian. Where's the tag located at? Seems like I remember seeing one, facing up, at the rear of the frame. I hope to post some pictures on the Walk-Behind Forum... someday. The tractor, that I'm presuming to be a Versa Matic, is in the worse condition of the two tractors I got. The fuel tank and engine are there, but no hood or grille. It sat so long with its' "nose" tipped into the dirt, that the flywheel shroud rusted through!
Thats about spot on were it should be.

#10 ·
Bill56 said:
Mine didnt have the grille or hood either, when i was up at jacktown last year i found one on craigslist, it had the bolens grille but no hood, i dont know how it attaches so i just have it laying in the shed till im ready to figure that out, i think there are brackets for the hood but im not sure, i thought i read you could get them without the hood and grille too but im not sure....

#12 ·
Nascar3244888 said:
Mine didnt have the grille or hood either, when i was up at jacktown last year i found one on craigslist, it had the bolens grille but no hood, i dont know how it attaches so i just have it laying in the shed till im ready to figure that out, i think there are brackets for the hood but im not sure, i thought i read you could get them without the hood and grille too but im not sure....
Some of the other models came with no Grille....

#13 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
Some of the other models came with no Grille....
wonder if mine was one????

#16 ·
Bolens 1000: I got some of the numbers for you...

Tractor #1... Type: 12BB01 Serial # A56558 (may be a Power Ho)

Tractor#2... Type: ??? Serial# 54431 (may be a Versa Matic)

The tag was really dirty on the second tractor. Washed it with some peroxide and a toothbrush. I may be able to get the Type number eventually, but I'm going to have to wait for a warmer day.

Also, I could see a clear paint/rust line across the top of the fuel tank, on the second tractor, so I'm guessing that it did have a hood/grille attached at one time???

Thanks, in advance.

#20 ·
#22 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
My Bolens capabilities are now greater than ever before with this New Manual LOL
You're missing the evil laugh at the end of that sentence! Did the manual come with a cape too LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.