• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 04, 2014 - 04:17 AM

Dang hurricane, keep losing service and power,...

Your model D700 2112 suffix ''C'' was made in the mid 50's, i am thinking closer to 56 to 57, still wears the old ''The Clinton" tag and advices using Mobiloil, the arrowhead decal is of the last highly detailed type before it was changed in 58 to 59 to the plain one laid o it's side and this D 700 2112 must of been for power equipment or GT, should have gov/throttle SK555 with the 72 '' long throttle cable. The oil sump base is the same as my stationary single speed B series Clinton, part # 6025 which is the industrial plant type wide mounting tabs.

Two types of air cleaner assy is shown for the later 2112, Saf-T-Vue oil cup and disposable steel wool type but that does not mean the one you currently have is not right, could of been ordered from the factory with the wire mesh or changed at the Clinton dealer to suit a need.

You should have the Carter N # 26 carb and there was no sediment bowl used.

Two types of mufflers are shown, the short single hole and ''pepper-pot'' also known as the ''bun'' muffler, the single hole short one is hard to find and expensive but the more common ''pepper-pot'' was used by Lauson, Tchumseh, Briggs, Kohler and Winnie so it can be found cheap and easy, i can provide part numbers of the muffler's if you want.

Shoot me some pictures of the carb set up and air cleaner assy, try to shoot some photos with the camera on ''micro'' feature.

Edited by trowel, July 04, 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#17 Pager450n OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 53757
  • 385 Thanks
  • 369 posts

Posted July 04, 2014 - 05:19 AM

Will do,thank you trowel. Yes it is on a Bettendorf "little bear" walk behind. Everything is in line with your sudjestions.

I will snap some carb shots, seems if memory works, the choke is stuck, and the throttle cable is seized.

The carb cleaner seems to have a plastic base to it, and would neat to find.

I'm glad that it had the arrowhead decals. I have been looking at them on the internet and was hoping that it would have them.

Does it seem odd to not run a sediment bowl or some form of filtration on the gas? The fuel line disappears behind the front shroud then back out to the carb. I guess I could just run the same setup, but I have always been a fan of he he glass bowls.

Thank you for your help and good luck with the hurricane. Hopefully it heads on out with little damages.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
  • trowel said thank you