#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 09:12 PM

build is inderway.  I had posted in the Jacobsen section the I had picked up a cart to make a welding cart for my Mig Welder. I got it started and it is underway. I plan on leasing a 120CF argon mix tank for the welder so I had to fab up a box for the tank to sit in. It is abpout ready to assemble with some adjustments and fasteners to be put on. Here is waht I have done so far:This is what I started with,DSCF7031.JPG After I got it cleaned, sanded and painted, DSCF7046.JPG After cleaning and airing up the tires and wheels,DSCF7052.JPG The box for the Argon tank,DSCF7049.JPG These will fasten to the bottom of the cart and, the welder will attach to them. I thought I would paint them whiite for a little contrast.DSCF7054.JPG My son is going to copy on some adhesive photo paper a couple of Hobart logos to make it look better. DSCF7053.JPG  The welder as it sits ready to be set on the cart.

More later as I get it done.    Thanks.                                    Roger.

Edited by hamman, April 14, 2014 - 09:21 PM.

• daytime dave, Alc, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 09:25 PM

Nice job on the upcycle project.
  • hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 05:42 AM

That should work! Looks good!

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 06:48 PM

build is inderway.  I had posted in the Jacobsen section the I had picked up a cart to make a welding cart for my Mig Welder. I got it started and it is underway. I plan on leasing a 120CF argon mix tank for the welder so I had to fab up a box for the tank to sit in. It is abpout ready to assemble with some adjustments and fasteners to be put on. Here is waht I have done so far:This is what I started with,attachicon.gifDSCF7031.JPG After I got it cleaned, sanded and painted, attachicon.gifDSCF7046.JPGAfter cleaning and airing up the tires and wheels,attachicon.gifDSCF7052.JPG The box for the Argon tank,attachicon.gifDSCF7049.JPG These will fasten to the bottom of the cart and, the welder will attach to them. I thought I would paint them whiite for a little contrast.attachicon.gifDSCF7054.JPG My son is going to copy on some adhesive photo paper a couple of Hobart logos to make it look better. attachicon.gifDSCF7053.JPG The welder as it sits ready to be set on the cart.

More later as I get it done.    Thanks.                                    Roger.

I really like the idea of the pneumatic tires. My Lincoln was on a factory cart that sat low and I quickly found out that I didn't like changing out wire rolls bent over at all. It was easier to throw the welder up on the welding table to do the change. Then I would roll the welder where I needed it then have to go back and get my helmet, gloves and spatter spray. I ditched the factory cart and built one from an old safety cabinet so all my accessories go where the welder goes. Now seeing yours I need to re-think this some to make it easier to roll on gravel or grass!

DAC

• hamman said thank you

#5 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Nearly done with the build of this cart. Just need to finish the tank strap to hold it in and paint it. Should make a good cart and easier to use around the place. Found a new use for a Hockey Puck also !   More on that when I post about the finished cart.        Thanks.                                                   Roger.

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 02:52 PM

It looks great Roger.

• hamman said thank you

#7 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 05:34 PM

Well, it's finally done. I got it done last night when I finished the tank holddown strap for the Argon tank. I went with the 125 cf tank vs the 80 cf tank. Largely because of the cost difference. When I got the tank home and put in the box I made to hold it I realized it was larger than I had originally thought. I t made the cart back heavy and I had to find a way to stabilize the rear of the cart. My son had given me a bunch of used hockey pucks. I made a bracket for the bottom of the box and I drilled and fitted the puck to the bottom of the brace to use as a pad for it. I was tired of my cords and gun lying around on the top of the welder so I used 1/2" black pipe to make a rack to hang the cords and gun on. I bolted that to the sde of the feet I built for the bottom of the welder. I had to raise the welder some so the door on the side would open. After painting the brackets and assembling them last night I finished it this morning. I pulled it from the front garage to the back garage this morning. It is about 35 yards and not real level. I wanted to see how stable it is and it realy exceeded my expectations. It pulls great (however it is heavy with the large tank) and is very stable. Here are more pictures of it.   Thanks for the kind words and for following the build.                                                      Roger.

DSCF7086.JPG DSCF7090.JPG DSCF7088.JPG DSCF7091.JPG DSCF7087.JPG

• Alc, MFDAC and toomanytoys84 have said thanks