• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 murphy OFFLINE  

murphy

• Member No: 420
  • 2 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 10:33 PM

I am curious if any site sponsers show the different style tires they have for GT"s.
"Tire Buyers" that are advertising on here does not show any.

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 10:45 PM

I buy 12 inch ATV tires for mine. usually aggressive tread, soft ride, and good pricing, and lots of options. Half used ATV tires have as much tread as new Ag tires.

#3 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 11:55 PM

I am curious if any site sponsers show the different style tires they have for GT"s.
"Tire Buyers" that are advertising on here does not show any.

Carlisle Tires really has cornered the market on LGT tires.

Not site sponsors but the following tire companies carry a lot of LGT tires with images of the tires:
M. E. Miller Tire Co.
Tires Unlimited
Cedar Rapids Tire

Of course you can perform a web search and find a lot about Garden Tractor Tires. Look on eBay as well under Garden Tractor Tires and I'm sure you'll find them. If you have a good tire shop in your area head on over there and ask if you can look through their purchasing catalogs if they sell LGT tires and I'm sure they will let you - I've done it. Hope this helps.

Kenneth

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 05:25 AM

Carlisle Tires really has cornered the market on LGT tires.

Not site sponsors but the following tire companies carry a lot of LGT tires with images of the tires:
M. E. Miller Tire Co.
Tires Unlimited
Cedar Rapids Tire

Of course you can perform a web search and find a lot about Garden Tractor Tires. Look on eBay as well under Garden Tractor Tires and I'm sure you'll find them. If you have a good tire shop in your area head on over there and ask if you can look through their purchasing catalogs if they sell LGT tires and I'm sure they will let you - I've done it. Hope this helps.

Kenneth

:ditto:

#5 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 08:43 AM

Gear works has pictures of the tires they carry on their site.
Wheels Tires and Accessories

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:51 AM

Gearworks isn't a sponsor of the site anymore but they do have pictures of the Nancos that they sell. Apparently they are shorter then the same size tire in other brands.

In all honesty check with your local tire dealers as well. We have a local tire dealer right up the road who sells Carlisle tires and for a pair of the tru powers mounted he quoted me $160 which I don't think is bad at all and I like the way the tru powers look. Although I like the super lugs better but Carlisle doesn't make them anymore.

#7 murphy OFFLINE  

murphy

• Member No: 420
  • 2 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 12:42 PM

Thanks guys. I was hoping maybe a site sponsor would be here. Some nice looking tires! I see the Carlisle brand does seem to be the only ag style that I want.
I have the ugly twin to owlcowhands 416 Allis that he had and restored! I use it for mainly pushing snow and pulling a car in and or out of my shop when needed.