• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Went for a sunday drive and this 120 followed me home, no immediate plans for it since I'm currently working on a couple LGTs. It supposedly runs but has a hydro issue of some sort, has a 2 stage blower, tiller and 2 decks, seems complete but a few parts are in a box.
https://www.dropbox....w3xr/0ibldr6SSS

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• MH81, hamman, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 11:41 AM

Looks like a very capable prospect. Good Luck.   My wife woun't let me go by my self anymore. I bring home to many parts and pieces she says.

Roger.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hey, that looks like a pretty sound staring point. What's up with the tranny? Hope just A little TLC and away you go.
:thumbs:

BTW, I uploaded our pics. If you deleted them from the Dropbox, the thread would be useless. One of the reasons we try to stay away from PhotoBucket and the like. Thanks for sharing the pics, she's a beaut!

#4 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 01:05 PM

Wondered how the pics got in the post..lol
I like to link the dropbox folders because new pics can be added, as long as I dont delete the folder itself the link will work and a viewer can see any/all pics in the folder. Theres a few more being uploaded from my iphone right now that I just took this am so I'll be moving them to the Ford 120 folder in a few minutes.

The hydro pump is in a cardboard box at the moment, in pieces, havent looked at it yet. I went to look at this tractor hoping it was an LGT, didnt want to waste the $80 fuel and the guy wanted $200 for the tractor so I brought it home even tho I dont really need it... Im sure you all know how that can happen.. and btw the wife was with me. LOL
  • MH81 and JDBrian have said thanks

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 01:12 PM

"Didnt want to waste the fuel"
Yeah, I hear that. I bought a plow yesterday for $20 more than I wanted to spend because I didnt want to waste the gas.
He advertised it as a 12". I ended up educating him and paying him to do it. :wallbanging.

As for the pics, we are all just happy to see them, thanks for sharing.
I see so many posts online that are picture less due to stuff moving. When it comes to pictures, I tend to think about 5 years from now is all :smilewink:

#6 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well Im hoping past experience has taught me to leave the pics alone once I got them in the folders... cause I have accidently lost a few in the past by renaming and/or moving them, I still upload to posts sometimes if its only gonna be a few pics but I often end up with too many for that... if they stop showing up now it probably means Ive died and quit paying the account..lol

dropbox is not just a photo thing and I dont know how it compares to something like photobucket but I use it for alot of large files aswell.

anyway.. there is now a few more in the folder now and you get a better idea of what Ive gotten myself into.. I think the blower, tiller, and one deck are all functional but might need a few bearings replaced, coil and solenoid are missing so cant try start it just yet, maybe next weekend, and I have a spare 10hp here if I need it, the hydro pump appears to be the only major issue aside from a lack of time.

If anyone is close enough and has LGT parts I'd be interested in possible trades.
  • MH81 said thank you

#7 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,102 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 03:09 PM

Nice find, looks to be original paint. Just wondering how the engine is mounted to the tractor ? Welded base or on rubber mounts? Is the deck aluminum?  Not to many of that style of Ford here in PEI, but I have seen some.  I like the drop box thing although I don't know how to use it. Noel

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 03:23 PM

A fellow can't have too many spare parts laying around....You never know when you might need something!

BTW..Neat little trailer....Looks like the bottom 1/2 of a pop-up camper!

#9 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,264 Thanks
  • 1,767 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 03:41 PM

Looks like a nice tractor and attachments.

#10 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 04:25 PM

These motors are bolted in, not like the LGTs

Shouldnt need to do anything special for dropbox, click the linl and wait a few secs for the pics to load.

Trailer is scratch built by me, all aluminum box on a steel frame, I work in metal fab.

Thx;)

edit: yes the mower decks are aluminum

.. originally built the trailer for a Honda four trax but its hauled home a few GTs now, weighs about 500 lbs and I can put around 1500 lbs in it, first built about '94 but did a major rebuild about 5 yrs ago. galvanized steel frame, aluminum body, 1" plywood floor and tailgate. 017.JPG 018.JPG 003 (2).JPG

Edited by Lance Skene, April 15, 2014 - 04:16 AM.

• Chopperhed and propane1 have said thanks

#11 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,087 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:24 PM

Went for a sunday drive and this 120 followed me home, no immediate plans for it since I'm currently working on a couple LGTs. It supposedly runs but has a hydro issue of some sort, has a 2 stage blower, tiller and 2 decks, seems complete but a few parts are in a box.https://www.dropbox....w3xr/0ibldr6SSS

Nice looking machine! Let us know how she turns out.