• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DBuck OFFLINE  

DBuck

• Member No: 1872
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 10:16 AM

:wave: S-14-H, MN: 93101700, SN: 000678. After moving hydro control lever from brake to neutral, the lever will not go into either forward or reverse. Like its stuck in neutral. Any ideas/suggestion on the problem will be greatly appreciated. Also I noticed when pushing the neutralizer pedal down it will not return to the up position after removing your foot. Thank you for your time. Don B. :usa:

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to GTTalk Don. My guess would be that there is a safety interlock on the lever that may be stuck in the safe position.  I'm not familiar with the Ariens linkage but I know that on the JD tractors using a similar transmission this can be a problem. On the JD 314/317 if the parking brake is on you can't move the travel lever. I believe there are manuals for your tractor in our manuals section. 

Have a look and see if you can find some info there to help. 

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,948 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 05:25 PM

Welcome to the forums Don!

For the neutralizer pedal, that sounds like it could be the return spring is broken or there is corrosion in that linkage that holds it in. I would guess that it is two separate problem areas to look at.  For the hydro control, I am thinking that a linkage is rusted or it is binding at some point. In tracing the linkage front from the control, it will go front to the shaft of the neutralizer pedal. From there it returns back to the cam of the hydro. At that point it can bind fairly easy if it is out of adjustment.