#76 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 55667
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hello Zach,
Have you gotten anywhere on your WH or JD?

Yes ive been using my WH around the yard and its been running great!
I also fixed the deere, just took an air compressor and blew out the fuel lines from the tank to the pump and the pump to carb. I started right up, a little smokey at first but then it cleared up. So now my little bros are driving that around and i use my WH for just use around the property. I have to say, i like the wheel horse better than the deere. Glad i purchased the WH totally worth the $200. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Gabriel said thank you

#77 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Edit: not sure why it posted twice...

Edited by iZach98, April 26, 2014 - 11:47 AM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#78 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 09:15 PM

Im thinking of making a cool exhaust for my WH, right now it has the stock exhaust which is just a pipe with a small muffler on it. I was thinking of just straight piping it, does this engine require any back pressure or anything of that sorts? I was thinking doing a straight pipe with a flapper cap at the top of the pipe...
But just for now i would like to see how it sounds with the stock pipe but with out the muffler. Its kinda rusty so i will try to see if i can break it loose...

• Gabriel said thank you

#79 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yes ive been using my WH around the yard and its been running great!
I also fixed the deere, just took an air compressor and blew out the fuel lines from the tank to the pump and the pump to carb. I started right up, a little smokey at first but then it cleared up. So now my little bros are driving that around and i use my WH for just use around the property. I have to say, i like the wheel horse better than the deere. Glad i purchased the WH totally worth the $200. :)

Glad your having fun with your WH, and got your JD running!

• iZach98 said thank you

#80 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 10:08 PM

Im thinking of making a cool exhaust for my WH, right now it has the stock exhaust which is just a pipe with a small muffler on it. I was thinking of just straight piping it, does this engine require any back pressure or anything of that sorts? I was thinking doing a straight pipe with a flapper cap at the top of the pipe...
But just for now i would like to see how it sounds with the stock pipe but with out the muffler. Its kinda rusty so i will try to see if i can break it loose...

I'm not sure if a straight pipe would affect the engine or not. Someone else on here might be able to help you with that. It might be kind of noisy without a muffler. :)

• iZach98 said thank you

#81 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 12:35 PM

Young age to get hooked on a habit but a lot better than all the bad stuff kids get into these days. Keep it up kid, everything you learn about  finding, obtaining,  troubleshooting, restoring and building will help get you through life. Oh yeah, did I mention frustration and the  joy in a job well done? Welcome!

• Cublover, Gabriel and iZach98 have said thanks

#82 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 06:26 PM

One question, my WH had been running a little weird. For example it will stall out when i take the choke off. Thats even when fully warmed up. And i checked out the air filter and its in a bunch of small pieces, its like foam stuff. Pic: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398727513.091558.jpg
So would i just be able to cut a sponge to fit? Would that work? Also do you think that is the problem with the stalling out when not choked? Here is a pic of a sticker on the top of the air-filter cover...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398727604.442219.jpg

• VintageIronCollector and Gabriel have said thanks

#83 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 06:37 PM

One question, my WH had been running a little weird. For example it will stall out when i take the choke off. Thats even when fully warmed up. And i checked out the air filter and its in a bunch of small pieces, its like foam stuff. Pic: attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398727513.091558.jpg
So would i just be able to cut a sponge to fit? Would that work? Also do you think that is the problem with the stalling out when not choked? Here is a pic of a sticker on the top of the air-filter cover...attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398727604.442219.jpg

As far as the air filter goes I would just get a replacement part. You don't want to use something that might come apart quickly and clog your carb. When it stalls out when not choked I would adjust the settings on the carb.

Edited by VintageIronCollector, April 28, 2014 - 06:38 PM.

• Gabriel and iZach98 have said thanks

#84 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 07:13 PM

As far as the air filter goes I would just get a replacement part. You don't want to use something that might come apart quickly and clog your carb. When it stalls out when not choked I would adjust the settings on the carb.

Ok like the fuel/air intake? Which ones would i adjust? In the pic hereImageUploadedByTapatalk1398730433.247386.jpg

• Gabriel said thank you

#85 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Ok like the fuel/air intake? Which ones would i adjust? In the pic hereattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398730433.247386.jpg

There are usually two adjustment on most carbs for the era. You might do well to get some basic understanding on how a carb works and what the adjustments do.

Do yourself a favor and read thru this for educational purposes and then I bet you will be telling us how easy it was. :D
http://gardentractor...er-carb-manual/

It's for the bigger carbs, but it'll teach the basics.
  • Gabriel and iZach98 have said thanks

#86 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:34 PM

There are usually two adjustment on most carbs for the era. You might do well to get some basic understanding on how a carb works and what the adjustments do.

Do yourself a favor and read thru this for educational purposes and then I bet you will be telling us how easy it was. :D
http://gardentractor...er-carb-manual/

It's for the bigger carbs, but it'll teach the basics.

Great! Thanks for that link :) i will read through that manual and i bet i will learn ton of stuff about carbs.

• Gabriel said thank you

#87 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Anybody know how i would go about removing the wheels? Its not a bolt its some sort of c clip or something...

Here is a pic of what it looks like after i removed the caps japegapy.jpg

Edited by iZach98, April 29, 2014 - 05:40 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#88 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:27 PM

I got it off with some pliers, but do they sell a special tool to remove these?

• Gabriel said thank you

#89 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 10:15 PM

I got it off with some pliers, but do they sell a special tool to remove these?

Your supposed to pry it off with a flat blade screw driver (at least that's how I do it).
  • iZach98 said thank you

#90 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Your supposed to pry it off with a flat blade screw driver (at least that's how I do it).

Yeah, i could see that working also.

• Gabriel said thank you