133 replies to this topic

#46 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 55667
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 07:57 PM

@Gabriel they had a great time... I will defiantly post pics when i get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Gabriel said thank you

#47 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 08:05 PM

@Cat385B i would buy an ATV but my parents dont really like them and i dont have that kind of money.
What does "LT" stand for?
I did get a mower deck with the JD but it was rusty and i just threw it away cause i already have a Troy Bilt mower 42" for lawn care.
As for the woods, ive met the people and so have my parents, i usually go back there with a wagon and a chainsaw to get fire wood. I only cut up trees that are already down. They don't mind. I do own a small part of the woods as part of the one acre that i own.

Also the JD i will just let my little bros use to drive around the yard.
The Wheel horse i will use as a Utility Tractor for around the yard and getting fire wood from the woods.

You mention that you had a Troy-Bilt mower, and I wondered how you like it? Has it been a good machine?
  • iZach98 said thank you

#48 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 08:32 PM

Yes i own a troy bilt, it the "Pony" last time i checked it was around $1,100 or so. When we bought the house we also bought the mower for $500 as it was used. So its like 1 or 2 years old now. Ive only had it for one season now and i have to do a regular tune up (change oil, spark plug, check air filter, etc.) but so far it cuts the lawn nicely and it runs decent. I would have liked a new deere for the lawn but that was too expensive. So this is what i got for lawn care (my parents bought it, but my dad has maybe used it once to put away)
I have to tell you though i have pulled out small trees and some bushes with this mower and pulled very heavy wagon loads and so far its held up to all the abuse/use ive put it through.
Ive even driven it through the snow lol, my parents weren't to happy about that but it went pretty good through about 4" of snow. I was impressed as i made "roads" through my yard in the snow lol. So thats why I'm getting another tractor so its mine and i can do what i want with it. But overall i would recommend this as a Lawn Mower, its on the cheaper side but it does what it is built for Mowing the lawn, and it can pull wagons and such. Mine came with the Briggs and Stratton 17.5 HP engine, runs good. Starts right up (even when it was 5 or 10 deg F out lol) its a 42" deck, but it doesn't have wheels to level itself out on unleveled ground so if you have a yard where thats required i would just keep that in mind. But it runs, drives, mows, tows and more! All at the starting price of lawn tractors...
Here is a pic https://www.icloud.c...#A1J0DiRHGQeZQP

• Gabriel said thank you

#49 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Thanks! Nice Troy-Bilt! I was just curious how it has held up for you, as I have a Huskee Supreme LT4600 lawn tractor that is quite similar to yours in design, and it was built by the same company (MTD). Here's a pic.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3866.JPG

• iZach98 said thank you

#50 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thanks, thats a nice looking tractor you got :) it looks pretty much the same except for the hood. And the wheels on the deck.

• Gabriel said thank you

#51 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thanks, thats a nice looking tractor you got :) it looks pretty much the same except for the hood. And the wheels on the deck.

Thanks! Mine has a 46'' deck. I do think they are quite similar. Does yours have the shift-on-the-go drive system?

#52 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Oh, yeah mine has the 42" deck but with no leveling wheels.
By shift in the go drive system, do you mean the lever on the dash? Mine has the 7 speed transmission. Its a lever with 7 numbers along it to say what gear your in. And you set your gear (or change while driving) and let the clutch/brake out. Is this how yours works? And the forward/neutral/reverse shifter on your left?

Edited by iZach98, April 17, 2014 - 10:17 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#53 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 09:18 AM

Oh, yeah mine has the 42" deck but with no leveling wheels.
By shift in the go drive system, do you mean the lever on the dash? Mine has the 7 speed transmission. Its a lever with 7 numbers along it to say what gear your in. And you set your gear (or change while driving) and let the clutch/brake out. Is this how yours works? And the forward/neutral/reverse shifter on your left?

Yes, you have the same drive system! Your transmission is actually a single speed. What gives it multiple speeds , is a variable speed pulley. Here's a picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• MTD Drive.gif

#54 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 10:16 AM

Yup, thats what i figured... Even though it says 7 speed trans. I never really believed it. I wasn't quite sure how it worked but now i get it. How do you like the drive system? I like it, and it works good.

• Gabriel said thank you

#55 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yup, thats what i figured... Even though it says 7 speed trans. I never really believed it. I wasn't quite sure how it worked but now i get it. How do you like the drive system? I like it, and it works good.

I like it, though not as well as hydrostatic drive. I think you have to be carful and not overload the transmission. It's just not built that heavy. I guess the manufacturer doesn't expect one to use it for much more than lawn mowing.
  • iZach98 said thank you

#56 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 08:31 PM

@Gabriel they had a great time... I will defiantly post pics when i get it.

Have you got your Wheel Horse yet?

#57 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 09:33 PM

No i havent, my friend had been busy the past few days. He said that he will have it done by the end of the weekend. Hopefully i will get it then.

• Gabriel said thank you

#58 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 07:38 PM

I got my wheel horse today! :) to bad its dark out... I would post pics but to dark. I will post pics tomorrow!

• Gabriel said thank you

#59 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I got my wheel horse today! :) to bad its dark out... I would post pics but to dark. I will post pics tomorrow!

Looking forward to the pics!

• iZach98 said thank you

#60 iZach98 OFFLINE  

iZach98
  • GTt Junior
  • 157 Thanks
  • 155 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 06:52 PM

So today i threw a battery in from my deere (as its not running at the moment, but u will get into more detail soon...) fired right up! :) Runs and drives great! Its actually as fast as my Troy-Bilt that has a 7 speed tranny (really a series of pulleys) so i was driving that around my yard after school, pretty much all afternoon lol. It a lot of fun, with me and my little bros just driving tractors around the yard. Here's a pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398210198.403226.jpg the tape is because, the seat is filled with foam and it is soaked with water. I didn't want to get my pants soaking wet so i put a rag and taped it to the seat lol... It works (kinda) for now. Maybe i can buy a new seat cause this one is pretty beat up. Unless i can get it repaired or something. So what do ya think?

Ok so the deere... My little bro was driving it and it ran out of gas. So u put some more gas in (about 1/3 full) so i tried to fire it back up... Hmmmm, wont start... It will turn over and over and over etc. so the problem is the engine is not getting any fuel. It has the gas tank under the seat with a mechanical fuel pump up at the motor. I don't know if these fuel pumps are repairable? Or just disposable? Not to sure how to take it apart, if i even can take the little pump apart. Maybe i can find one on ebay? Please help! My little bros wanna drive it around and i would like to get it back up and running soon.

Also the wheelhorse... The lights dont work, and the brake pedel dosent work. I havent really taken a good look at the brake yet. But would it be ok to tip the tractor on its side (like up against a tree or something) to look underneath or work on it? Will oil get into places it shouldn't? I just want to check here before i do this...

Edited by iZach98, April 22, 2014 - 06:54 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you