• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • Member No: 52872
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:45 PM

this problem started last summer,it would start fine every time when it was cold,but after mowing for a while shut it off would not start till cooled off,now went to get it out today and nothing,headlights work,lights come on the dash had charger on it still nothing,put in brand new key switch and board,nothing took apart every connection I could find cleaned and blew dirt out,i now have fender deck and foot tunnel off,dont know how to test brake safety switch ,but I don't know what to check next

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'm guessing that your starter has the solenoid mounted on the starter. You can take a screw driver or a jumper wire and jump from the large post on the starter solenoid to the small terminal and see if the starter turns over. Make sure that the tractor is in neutral and all implements are turned off before doing this. Just bump it enough to see if it will try to turn over. If it does than you have an open in the starting circuit. Safety switch, seat switch or something like that. If it doesn't turn over and you have 12.5 volts to the larger post than your starter solenoid is not working or your have a bad ground. 

Good luck. 

• twostep and skifoof have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'm sending you a PM with some information that may help! 

• skifoof said thank you

#4 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • Member No: 52872
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 07:34 AM

well after trying everything I could,i decided to replace the battery,started right up,put that battery in a gas 12hp and could not start it even with jumper,i was so mad it was this easy,well at least I got everything bblown out under all the fender pans
  • Cvans said thank you

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hey you figured it out. That's what's important.  :D