25 replies to this topic

#16 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 04:58 PM

This brings up the question.... Do you have thw low speed kit or hi-lo attachment on that B10.

Nope . No hi-lo.   My brother is going to install the tiller on his Simplicity.  He does'nt have a low range either.  He is considering swapping pulleys to slow the tractors movement.  His Simplicity will be doing tilling, snow blowing, and pushing snow or dirt.   He's not needing high speed.   My A.C. will then become a parade queen.   Rick  

• MH81 said thank you

#17 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,220 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 05:13 PM

I have e few of these allis tractors, I have switched them all over to larger pulleys to slow them down, go about 1" bigger with the rear puilley and you should be happy with it.  good luck.

peter

• MH81 and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#18 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 06:12 PM

I have e few of these allis tractors, I have switched them all over to larger pulleys to slow them down, go about 1" bigger with the rear puilley and you should be happy with it.  good luck.

peter

Thanks.  :thumbs:   We were wondering as to how much bigger to go.  Rick

#19 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 09:05 PM

I have e few of these allis tractors, I have switched them all over to larger pulleys to slow them down, go about 1" bigger with the rear puilley and you should be happy with it. good luck.
peter

Thats funny I went one inch larger on the front pulley on my 3414s and increased my top ground speed 20% from 5.1 to 6.1 mph. I have a need for speed..

I believe the low speed pulley for operating the tiller is 10". If you put on the ten inch you better park the tractor close to the garden as the gardening season will be over before you get there.

Edited by skunkhome, April 16, 2014 - 09:10 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#20 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,220 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 04:41 AM

I just had to replace the smaller pulley on my tiller mule drive, had to go 1/2" bigger with that one and the tiller seems to work a little better, I don't have to run the tractor at such HI rmp.  I am happy with it rite now, everything is working good.  I think after 6 years of fixing and repairing I am finally getting it to where I like it. 

#21 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well I lost the tiller.   Big brother put it on his Simplicity 2012 Landlord.   He changed to a larger pulley and tilled his garden today.  He was so pleased he gave me a cordless impact with charger and extra battery in exchange.  Rick  

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.JPG
  • 010.JPG
  • 018.JPG
  • 017.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#22 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 05:14 PM

Well I lost the tiller.   Big brother put it on his Simplicity 2012 Landlord.   He changed to a larger pulley and tilled his garden today.  He was so pleased he gave me a cordless impact with charger and extra battery in exchange.  Rick

What, no video? :poke:

#23 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thats funny I went one inch larger on the front pulley on my 3414s and increased my top ground speed 20% from 5.1 to 6.1 mph. I have a need for speed..
I believe the low speed pulley for operating the tiller is 10". If you put on the ten inch you better park the tractor close to the garden as the gardening season will be over before you get there.

I didnt know you did that Phil! Been kicking around the idea myself. My Shuttle seems like the slowest tractor I have owned...I think my Serf feels faster =]

#24 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 09:23 PM

I didnt know you did that Phil! Been kicking around the idea myself. My Shuttle seems like the slowest tractor I have owned...I think my Serf feels faster =]

Oh yeah, after being used to these geared tractors doing 6 mph at top speed 5 mph feels like reverse. I can easily mow in 4 gear on an open lawn but I usually mow in 3rd or 2nd in the tight confines of my yard. The front sheave and belt guard off a six speed works fine.

Edited by skunkhome, April 18, 2014 - 09:28 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#25 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 06:08 AM

Oh yeah, after being used to these geared tractors doing 6 mph at top speed 5 mph feels like reverse. I can easily mow in 4 gear on an open lawn but I usually mow in 3rd or 2nd in the tight confines of my yard. The front sheave and belt guard off a six speed works fine.

Good to know!  I like to move as well, and that Homelite is a real snail.  You'd have loved the B-207 I had...I'm betting it would go 9-10mph wide open, but it was a great cruiser in 3rd, at half throttle.  Top speed was border line scary since the machine pivots in the center, but the midrange was great, and a fuel and noise saver.  I'd like to setup the Serf and B-208 the same way, and have hilo's on them to cut bak on the speed capabilities.  Speed ranges from 1mph to 8mph would be great.

#26 TractorGuy1994 OFFLINE  

TractorGuy1994
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 39291
  • 259 Thanks
  • 165 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 06:16 PM

Great looking lil Allis! :thumbs: