#1 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 07:53 AM

I have seen two new movies in the last week, I highly recommend them both.

I know they are slated as "religious" movies, but both have good messages and are good wholesome family movies that is decent for the kids and they have some good messages to make you think.

No blood, gore, killing, vampires, zombies, sex ,etc, .....something worth spending 90 mins watching.

God's Not Dead I would recommend over the other one, it has several story lines going and is put together a little better.

Student and philosphy professor go head to head debating an issue  of  "God is dead" versus "God's not dead".

Heaven is Real  This actually doesn't come out until Tues April 15, I got to see a sneak preview special showing last night. This is a story of a 4 yr old boy who visits heaven during a near death experience and what he sees. Based on the true story of Colton Burpo and how his family deals with this revelation ( father is a pastor). 

• hamman, JDBrian, Username and 8 others have said thanks

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 08:29 AM

We (wife and I) have been waiting patiently for both of these movies to comeout. The previews for both have been good and I hope the movies are outstanding. I don't want to get political here or over step the boundries but I sincerely hope that neither the right or the left, and the religeous right and left do not trash these movies for what they are. Our country and it's citizens need more of this and need to realize a closer more compassionate, caring, loving country is exactly what we need at this time. Thanks Tahoe for letting us know how good they are.                                                                    Roger.

• Username, tinbender7, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up! How about Noah? Has anyone seen that? How was it?

• hamman said thank you

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 08:59 AM

I've heard from a friend who I respect very much that the movie Noah was to much Hollywood and not enought about the real story of God and Noah ! I've heard reviews on TV about the movie and they are both ways on it. That is about all I know about it. I woun't go to the movies and watch it, I will wait until it comes out on TV some day to see it.    JM2CW.                                                                                          Roger.

• jpackard56, LilysDad and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 09:29 AM

I have heard from numerous friends and family that God's Not Dead is the best movie they have seen in years !! My work schedule has been just too much to get out. Some of the same folks agreed with Hamman above, that Noah was too much Hollywood.

• hamman, sacsr and LilysDad have said thanks

#6 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thank you for sharing. Good family movies are rare these days, glad they got it right.

• hamman said thank you

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Sounds like an interesting pair of movies. I hadn't heard a word about either one up here. 

• hamman said thank you

#8 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Make no bones about it, both movies are Christian based movies. I do not like using the word "religious", that can apply to any faith or "religion".

I don't want to offend anyone or step on toes, but both movies are strong movies related to being a Christian and true belief in God and heaven. I am passing along my views as a Christian, I think they were both very good.

Hamman, in this day and age, I don't think either movie will get away from harsh critizism from either side. I've even heard the boy was coached by his parents and it's just a big hoax.

I pulled up some video on the girl I mention below, same type of comments regarding she was put up to this,coached to even that the paintings were not made by her. It's very sad how lost this world has become, not just lost as in lack of salvation through Christ, but just people so desperate in themselves and direction.

I would not push my Christian belief down anyone's throat nor get in a big religious debate here or anywhere on the net, but I am told to spread His word, it's their decision not to listen....I'm just passing it on :thumbs:

God's Not Dead has a very strong battle against the existence of God and poses alot of deep quesitons regarding faith in Jesus. There are also some inner story lines aside from the main 2 characters from a Christian/non Christian relationship, Middle Eastern girl being a Christian dealing with living in a muslim home, etc. I'm not gonna tell the ending :thumbs:

Heavin is Real is based on a true life story, may not have the "meat" the other movie has, but it also shows the struggles Christians have in actually believing in what they say they believe in, even the father who is a pastor questioning his faith.

I'm not a big DVD person, but will be buying both of these. :smilewink:

There is also another girl mentioned in the Heaven is Real movie,  Akiane Kramarik

I cannot link youtube but would recommend doing a search for her on youtube or google and watch her story. Like the little boy, she also had a vision/visit to heaven and was almost immediately given the gift of painting at age 4-6. Many believe her portraits of Jesus maybe the closest resemblence to him that has been painted to date. The Heaven is Real movie will show you how her and the boy are linked, from half way across the world.

As for the Noah movie, I heard is was bad from a Christian standpoint. The Director or Producer is an Atheist.

Edited by TAHOE, April 11, 2014 - 11:55 AM.

• hamman and Username have said thanks

#9 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 01:05 PM

I have read the book Heaven Is For Real. It's simply amazing what the little buy accounts and his knowledge of things that weren't taught to him. I can not tell you how many times that book gave me cold chills while reading it.

• hamman, sacsr and TAHOE have said thanks

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 03:48 PM

I have friends who have read the book Heaven Is For Real and they call it the best book they have read.

As for coaxing the boy, I saw a news cast from and on most all of the networks when this first came out. I really believe he and his experience is for real.

My wife and I were Police officers and Firefighters, EMTs.. I wish I could tell you a few instances that have happened in my career before retiring. At the time they occured it took a little time to sink in and for me (us) to realize what had happened.

As I said we are looking forward to seeing these movies.  Thanks for letting me respond.                                                      Roger.

#11 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 07:39 PM

There is another book out(I forget the name right off) written by a famous surgeon who was a non believer until he had a very vivid near death experience. Now, his first priority is to tell folks that it is real.

Edited by LilysDad, April 11, 2014 - 07:41 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#12 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:14 PM

Wife and I read the Heaven is for real book a few years ago.  Amazing things that he reveals to his parents that they never told him.  No doubt to me that what he saw was real.

Edited by IHCubGuy, April 13, 2014 - 04:15 PM.

• hamman, EricR and TAHOE have said thanks

#13 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 11:27 AM

There is another book out(I forget the name right off) written by a famous surgeon who was a non believer until he had a very vivid near death experience. Now, his first priority is to tell folks that it is real.

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the ...

• TAHOE said thank you