Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

1973 Ge Elec Trak E15 - $500 (Southside, Indy)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 441 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 03:36 AM

Always wanted one of these.

http://indianapolis....4417299165.html

I have for sale a 1973 GE Elec Trak E15 electric lawn tractor. All internal electronics have ben removed. Comes with (6) Trojan T105 batteries for core exchange. Has original motor, decals, and tires all of which are in good shape. $500 0B0 Cal or text 7605837783

• Sparky said thank you

#2 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• 441 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 03:46 PM

Anyone care to give their opinion on the value of this machine.  He claims he has all the parts to the tractor.  Does it appear that all parts are there?  May purchase if price is right.   Thank you.

Edited by BowlBuilder, April 11, 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#3 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Well I can tell you what I see

Overall tractor appears to better than average for rust, has new paint on it, looks like it's all there,

BUT  the charger is in pieces and most of the control circuits are missing, wiring also ???.  It would be a big job to put it back to original working condition and cost some $$$.

IMO this is a good candidate for an Alltrax conversion, if your going though all the trouble to rewire it might as well use modern controller. In the end it will be a better working tractor.

Plus it needs a new battery pack, either 3 big 12volt batteries or 6 golf cart batteries (6volt).

It has with a late model mower deck that looks good but can't tell if the rear roller is there in the picture.

As to whether it's worth $500. as is, ??? be nice to get it for less.

Controller = $500.

Pot box for controller = $100. +

Batteries = $300. +++ minimum 

Plus charger and whatever else needed to finish. $$$ ???

It can get expensive.

• BowlBuilder said thank you

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 05:03 PM

No expert but I will give you my first impression. It looks clean and kept inside - has had some new paint- the batteries are worth $100 plus - the deck looks to be in good shape- then I realized he had taken all the wiring out and I went uh oh.....first why?? second only person he can sell this too is someone that has the ability to do the work.....paying someone would seem to be out of the question. So his pool of buyers will be very small.

I paid around $400 for mine- deck not as good of shape and paint not as good of shape-no batteries- but it would run when I bought it.......I am guessing around $300-400 tops would be my offer and that is IF you can do the rewiring, checking the contacts, etc.....

But Doug is much more knowledgeable than me on these. He may think I am too low.

Hope you can find one that works for you. Got to say they are pretty cool to have around.

• DH1 and BowlBuilder have said thanks

#5 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 05:05 PM

The mower deck could be worth 300  IF  you know how to properly test it - spinning one blade and watching fo motion on other two . That and another tractor that actually runs would get you iin business.

• DH1, sacsr and BowlBuilder have said thanks

#6 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 05:20 PM

No expert but I will give you my first impression. It looks clean and kept inside - has had some new paint- the batteries are worth $100 plus - the deck looks to be in good shape- then I realized he had taken all the wiring out and I went uh oh.....first why?? second only person he can sell this too is someone that has the ability to do the work.....paying someone would seem to be out of the question. So his pool of buyers will be very small.

I paid around $400 for mine- deck not as good of shape and paint not as good of shape-no batteries- but it would run when I bought it.......I am guessing around $300-400 tops would be my offer and that is IF you can do the rewiring, checking the contacts, etc.....

But Doug is much more knowledgeable than me on these. He may think I am too low.

Hope you can find one that works for you. Got to say they are pretty cool to have around.

If you don't know or have no way to fix it, rewire it then you are better of buying a WORKING tractor, even if it has no batteries. Test it first.

At least that way you have a good start.

• sacsr and BowlBuilder have said thanks

#7 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• 441 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 05:26 PM

My understanding is these have a built in charger.  Could one charge it with an external 36v golf cart charger?  I really know little about these, but I've wanted one for a long time.  With proper diagrams and information/pictures, I have the ability to put it back together.

Edited by BowlBuilder, April 11, 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#8 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 05:29 PM

External charger can be used, I use one on mine.

Can be hooked up to the Accessory port like this.

008 (2).JPG

• BowlBuilder said thank you