Welcome Keith.
Nice looking tractors
I have a 145 it has a 4 way blade,
image.jpg
And a 195 FEL project
image.jpg
Obviously the newer closed sided,
Enjoy the site, Tom

Edited by TomLGT195, April 10, 2014 - 03:37 PM.

• IamSherwood, ChopRod and Gabriel have said thanks

#17 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 09:48 PM

WELCOME! Nice Fords!
  • ChopRod said thank you

#18 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses! I too, have had an ad on CL and now that its spring have been getting more responses. But usually items that have seen better days.

A recent contact has a LGT145 closed side 78-80 with pto, blade, tiller with the hitch- not 3pt- plus a YT16H & YT14 from the late 80's (no interest in them but Amish neighbor may want them for parts at his mower shop) for what seems reasonable money $500 for all. Usually the sleeve hitch and tiller bring almost as much as asking price. If its good.

Will the pto from the LGT 145 closed side fit the open side models??????

If there are links to these topics. let me know. Some of the forums topics are way back in the filing system and sometimes hard to find. At least for me. I laso do check out MTF, too.
Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• ford tiller.jpg

Edited by ChopRod, April 11, 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#19 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Pto will work, just might need to modify the center mounting bearings. All the bracketry will work between models.
  • ChopRod said thank you

#20 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 12:44 PM

If your tractors dont have pto's on them they may have had an engine swap and not all K engines have the same bolt pattern for the pto bracket... measure carefully.

eg: That LGT 165 I posted pic of earlier has a transplanted 14hp but the original pto from the 16hp wont bolt onto it, I cant say where the 14hp came from because the swap was done by a PO, but I have the original engine and pto. The pto on my LGT 100 would fit on the original ford 16hp but it would not fit on that 14hp.

To this point I havent tried to remove a pto clutch from its mounting bracket, maybe they are interchangable???
  • TomLGT195 and ChopRod have said thanks

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 01:02 PM

Good point on the engine pros Lance, but I think he was referring to the rear pto parts for a tiller. The belt tensioner brackets are different but the late model will fit an early model easier than the other way around. This is due to the engine mounting and sheet metal differences.
  • IamSherwood, TomLGT195 and ChopRod have said thanks

#22 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thats good to know... I'd like to put a tiller on that 165 but the only complete system I have is for the 100, and its actually in better condition than the 165 except somebody spray bombed it with primer.

#23 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 07:59 PM

I believe the belt tensioner at the front of the engine was re-designed to fit inside the closed side sheet metal.
All the parts out back will fit either model just fine.
That looks like a complete tiller set up. Maybe missing two small brackets? Unusual to see that option on a 145.
Most buyers seem to have bought the 165 when they wanted to run a tiller.
If that LGT 145 truly has the pto in it, I'd give $500 for it and the tiller alone. I don't want to branch out into Gilsons though!

Joe
  • ChopRod said thank you

#24 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:31 AM

I bought my lgt 100 as a non-runner thinking I would swap the entire system tiller and all onto the 165 but Im keeping my options open for now, got the 10hp running last weekend but it pops and farts alot once it warms up, not sure whats causing that just yet but now Im hoping for two running fords so the pto might stay on the 100.

#25 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Follow up:
Went and looked at the 3 lgt's and tiller. Seller knew I was coming and guess what- didn't even have the 145 in any state to start it! Said he could jump the battery but why bother if its been sitting outside whereit has sat since last fall. Oil leaking everywhere. Tiller tines were worn down to where the tips were smaller than the end of my pinky finger. Well used and did seem to be missing a bracket but not sure what it needed not knowing anything about them. Gilson models were not running and all 3 of the decks were rotted through and had been welded/repaired several times.
He said to make an offer but just didn't want them except maybe the tiller for parts and maybe the pto.
Guess the ones I bought are pretty nice compared to what I've seen, Did sell an extra 50" deck from one of mine for $200 in working order- not rot or repairs- all covers etc. Don't know if that was a fair price but buyer needs a deck for his mower.
Thanks everyone in advance for you input.

#26 megs13421 OFFLINE  

megs13421
  • Member No: 57166
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hi all, another question.  We have a Ford/Jacobsen lgt 165, from 1977?. it was my late father-in-laws.  We got it running and attached the tiller, but realized that we can't lift it.  It is attached to the PTO and that works but what are we missing? Any help would be great. Pictures are fine as well.  The PTO is on the left hand side, so I am guessing that something gos on the right.

thanks

#27 AMCJAVELIN OFFLINE  

AMCJAVELIN
  • Member No: 57416
  • 72 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 07:58 PM

I get a kick out of it that tractor that listed on craigs out of auburn maine is the one I bought for my parts donar , so far everything has worked out well, I used the tub from it the motor and hr meter

#28 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hi all, another question.  We have a Ford/Jacobsen lgt 165, from 1977?. it was my late father-in-laws.  We got it running and attached the tiller, but realized that we can't lift it.  It is attached to the PTO and that works but what are we missing? Any help would be great. Pictures are fine as well.  The PTO is on the left hand side, so I am guessing that something gos on the right.

thanks

Theres 1" flat bar 1/4" thick on the right side goes forward to the lift, along with the pivot for the top link, dont happen to have my tiller on so the lift bar isnt connected to the pivot but I took this pic earlier today

Attached Thumbnails

• rear.jpg

• megs13421 said thank you

#29 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hi again guys! Need a little more input. Will the pto and brackets from an open side 120 fit on a 145 or 165 hydro? I've found a tiller and in another place a 120 with pto.
Any info appreciated or do I need to start another topic. Or if this is discussed back in the archives in this forum, please let me know.
Thanks!
Keith

#30 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 11:13 PM

I have both options here but never tried swapping parts between the two, everything does look the same tho

edit.. you do have to check the bolt pattern for the pto bracket where it mounts to the front of the engine.... there are at least two bolt patterns that I know of, they look similar but one is larger than the other.

Edited by Lance Skene, May 19, 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lgt, ford, value, rare