Garden Tractor Forums banner

What will you call it?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Boss 448 
#1 ·
OK. It's great to see this forum for diesel conversions take off. It looks like I'm not the only one that has the diesel bug (I won't comment on NUTNDUN George who has acquired a perfect transplant candidate Ingersoll 448 but apparently is going to freshen his gasoline sucking Onan instead of upgrading to diesel :spanka: ).

Now that these diesel re-power projects are getting under way we face a new dilemma - what to call them. I figured that everyone can get creative with the possibilities and offer up some suggestions here so that a list will be available to everybody when considering what to build. I will lead off with a couple of examples.

Kubota diesel engine in a WheelHorse tractor = KubeelHorse
Yanmar diesel engine in a Bolens tractor = Bolenmar
Hatz diesel engine in a Case tractor = Katz

I'm sure others will be able to do better than my examples but you get the picture.

JN

#6 ·
How about a 0 to 100 points system to judge them by. Maybe have 4 catagories with 0 to 25 points in each, one for degree of difficulty in building making everything work out and fit, how original the tractor appears to stock when finished, how much of the original attachments still work with the conversion, and finally how the finished project looks, the name given to it and how much of a cool factor it has. I know these are not scientific criteria but maybe a starting point!

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tractormike,

Wow, that's excellent! :thumbs:

I don't think there's anything I could or would add to your suggested rating system. Anyone else? If not perhaps you can polish it and put a sticky on it. Then I'd say we're good and only need to wait now for submissions.

I was hoping that we would see our first Diesersoll (a dieselized Ingersoll 448) from George (Nutndun) but it appears he has caught the Ingersoll purist bug with his new acquisition and is planning on freshening his Onan instead. Nothing wrong with that per say but a diesel powered 448 is my goal when I can get around to it and I was hoping he'd lead the way. Clearly he needs a little more persuasion to come around to the diesel way of thinking. :spanka:

Olcowhand has got an ambitious diesel project under way that looks like it will be impressive when it is done. JT Brazeau may be on his way too. Darn, I need to get busy and start hunting up a project tractor and engine for myself!

JN

#8 ·
olcowhand said:
Mine with a Bush Hog & Kubota engine....."Bushbota", "Botahog""Hogota"??? LOL
Hey those are all really good ones.

#9 ·
Boss 448 said:
Tractormike,

Wow, that's excellent! :thumbs:

I don't think there's anything I could or would add to your suggested rating system. Anyone else? If not perhaps you can polish it and put a sticky on it. Then I'd say we're good and only need to wait now for submissions.

I was hoping that we would see our first Diesersoll (a dieselized Ingersoll 448) from George (Nutndun) but it appears he has caught the Ingersoll purist bug with his new acquisition and is planning on freshening his Onan instead. Nothing wrong with that per say but a diesel powered 448 is my goal when I can get around to it and I was hoping he'd lead the way. Clearly he needs a little more persuasion to come around to the diesel way of thinking. :spanka:

Olcowhand has got an ambitious diesel project under way that looks like it will be impressive when it is done. JT Brazeau may be on his way too. Darn, I need to get busy and start hunting up a project tractor and engine for myself!

JN
Hey i'm looking for some suggestions too for my MF-12/DEK diesel conversion! All I can come up with is Massey FerguDek or Massey FergusDek.

#10 ·
JTS,

It's your project so you have the right to name it whatever you want. Just remember that we expect that whatever you choose will be prominently displayed on the hood. It would also be good if you design your own unique logo and print or embroider jackets and hats to match. Nothing too extravagant, just enough to let us and the rest of the world know about it. :thumbs:

JN

#12 ·
tractormike said:
How about a 0 to 100 points system to judge them by. Maybe have 4 catagories with 0 to 25 points in each, one for degree of difficulty in building making everything work out and fit, how original the tractor appears to stock when finished, how much of the original attachments still work with the conversion, and finally how the finished project looks, the name given to it and how much of a cool factor it has. I know these are not scientific criteria but maybe a starting point!
My Bush Hog JBI diesel project couldn't score well in how stock it looks as I am dropping the fender boxes all together, then adding headlights off the side of the front grill. I want this one to look "Bush Hoggish", but have it's own distinctive look also. Widening the rear fenders & dropping the boxes will give it a low wide stance, which is what I'm after.

#16 ·
Now he'll think I named it after him! :rofl2:
Correction: Now I KNOW you named it after me! But it's OK. I spoke to my agent and my attorneys about this and we have made arrangement to waive royalty fees on this one occasion in recognition of your hard work on this project. Please do be careful in the future - I'm fine with it but my agent and attorney are both pit bulls when it comes to royalties.

JN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.